2.1. What personal information do we collect?
- The personal information that you give to us e.g. when you submit an enquiry for course information, when you enrol with us (e.g. name, email, USI, demographics, address etc.), make payments, log in to OpenSpace, contact us (through OpenSpace forums, email, telephone or live chat), provide feedback or make a complaint, share content on any OC site or publicly share information about OC on social media. This includes any sensitive data that you have provided to us with your consent including information about visa status, racial or ethnic origin, your health or any disability and LLN proficiency
- Financial information, including credit card information and bank account details
- Data created during your enrolment including assessment records, progress, completion information and graduate status, and any other information collected from you through surveys or quality indicator data
- Data required by law for the purposes of reporting to Commonwealth, State and Territory government agencies for planning, evaluative, administrative and funding purposes
- Data collected from other educational institutions where necessary to verify qualifications and course credits for enrolment and assessment purposes
- Information from organisations where you may be completing work placement for your course
- Calls with OC are monitored and recorded for training, security and compliance purposes. All emails that you send to OC, as well as messages sent via OpenSpace or LiveChat, are recorded in OC’s student management systems
2.2 How do we collect and hold personal information?
We generally collect personal information:
- from you directly when you provide information to us;
- from you indirectly through emails, forms, online queries, telephone conversations, Live Chat, and through use of functions on our websites, platforms (like OpenSpace) and social media channels (including personal information that is part of your profile on a social network and that you have made available to us);
- from public sources or from other third parties on your behalf e.g. a reference, academic record from another education institution or from your employer.