Average wage for
Around 116,600 people are currently employed as Office Administrators in Australia. This is set to be around 115,400 by 2023, according to the Department of Employment.
Employment by State
30.3% of all Office Administrators are employed in NSW. The area with the lowest number of Office Administrators is NT, with only 1.4%.
This is a very female dominated industry with 16.6% of Office Administrators being male and 83.4% female.
The most popular age for people working as Office Administrators is 45-54 years old, with 29.7%%. A small percentage (5.9%) of people get into this career path older, aged 65 and over. There is also a number of people who enjoy a career as Office Administrators, with 11.9% aged 55-59.
Full time Office Administrators work an average of 38.1 hours a week compared to all jobs average of 40 hours.
The majority of Office Administrators have a Years 11 & 10 qualification (28.3%) or are at a Year 12 level (17.7%). 52.7% of people have a Cert III or higher, whilst 47.3% have a qualification which is Year 12 or lower.
Office Administrator Duties & Tasks
- Contributing to the planning and review of office services, and setting priorities and office service standards
- Allocating human resources, space and equipment
- Assigning work to and monitoring work performance of staff
- Managing records and accounts of the office
- Liaising with Professionals to coordinate office business and to facilitate resolution of problems
- Managing physical facilities and ensuring buildings and equipment are maintained
- Ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- Ensuring work complies with relevant government legislation, policies and procedures
- Coordinating personnel activities such as hiring, promotions, performance management, payroll, training and supervision
*The information provided on this page is from the Department of Employment’s Job Outlook website. All salary ranges are from Payscale. Where jobs are not exact matches, job areas have been used. This information is to be used as a guide only.