Average wage for
Around 56,100 people are currently employed as Talent Management Consultants in Australia. This is set to increase slightly to 61,700 people by 2019, according to the Department of Employment.
Employment by State
33.3% of all Talent Management Consultants are employed in NSW. The area with the lowest number of Talent Management Consultants is NT, with only 1.6%.
This is a very female dominated industry with 30.2% of Talent Management Consultants being male and 69.8% female.
The most popular age for people working as Talent Management Consultants is 25-34 years old, with 35.2%. A small percentage (3.1%) of people get into this career path older, aged 60-64. There is also a number of people who enjoy a career as Talent Management Consultants, with 7.5% aged 20-24.
Talent Management Consultants work an average of 37.5 hours a week which is 3.4 hours lower than the average for all occupations.
The majority of Talent Management Consultants have a Bachelor Degree qualification (32.7%) or are at a Year 12 level (21.8%). 75.1% of people have a Cert III or higher, whilst 24.9% have a qualification which is Year 12 or lower.
Talent Management Consultant Duties & Tasks
- Advising and assisting other Managers in applying sound recruitment and selection practices, and appropriate induction, training and development programs
- Developing and implementing performance management systems to plan, appraise and improve individual and team performance
- Representing the organisation in negotiations with unions and employees to determine remuneration and other conditions of employment
- Developing and implementing occupational health and safety programs and equal employment opportunity programs, and ensuring compliance with related statutory requirements
- Overseeing the application of redundancy and other employee retrenchment policies
- Monitoring employment costs and productivity levels
- May train and advise other Managers in personnel and workplace relations matters
- Oversee employee safety, wellbeing and health
- Offer and advice and guidance to all team members
*The information provided on this page is from the Department of Employment’s Job Outlook website. All salary ranges are from Payscale. Where jobs are not exact matches, job areas have been used. This information is to be used as a guide only.
Get a Free Course Guide
Enter your details below to receive a free course guide and a consultation with an Education Advisor.