a new direction and an improved way to learn.
COMING SOON TO A COURSE NEAR YOU …
We've listened to your feedback and have been working on enhancing your learning platform, OpenSpace, which we will be launching to students on a course-by-course basis over the coming months. We will notify you by email once your course has been transitioned over. At Open Colleges, we’re always looking for ways to improve your learning experience, to give you the best chance to succeed and get the most out of your course.
USING OPENSPACE YOU CAN ENGAGE WITH:
When it comes to your studies, what’s most important to you?
- Is it about getting the right support at the time you need it most?
- Is it about being able to connect to an online community to chat and engage with other students in your course?
- Is it about finding the time to study and balancing your other commitments?
- Is it about motivating yourself to study?
- Is it about having the right learning materials to help you succeed?
- Is it about having an online platform that’s easy-to-use?
With OpenSpace, you will get all that and more.
What can you expect?
Support every step of the way
Need some help, but not sure who to ask?
Support in OpenSpace means there’s always help available and we’ve made it even easier to find what you’re looking for.
- Re-designed Support Centre – all your support needs in the one place.
- New search function – find what you’re looking for, fast.
- Meet the Team – get to know the friendly people here to help you.
- Submit a support request – anytime, anywhere and we’ll direct your enquiry.
- All new FAQs, interactive tours, video content, study tips and more.
Study anywhere, anytime, on any device
Are you balancing work and study and want to be able to learn on the go?
OpenSpace is all about flexible and accessible learning.
- Mobile and tablet friendly – interact with your course content on all types of devices.
- Get the same high-quality experience no matter what device you’re using.
- Study wherever you are – at home, at a library or café, or on-the-go.
- Easy to navigate – new simple design and user-friendly interface.
Customised to your needs
Looking for new ways to motivate yourself to study and track your progress?
OpenSpace is all about making it easier for you to learn and be successful in your studies.
- Improved course navigation – find your learning materials and move through your course with ease.
- New learning dashboard – track your progress, see your course stats, resume your spot from last login.
- Interactive site tours – get to know your new platform.
- All new study tips and resources - helps you manage your time, set goals and plan ahead.
New ways to connect
Want to meet other students in your course, but are not sure how to or what’s available?
Frequently asked questions - what you need to know
what you need to know
Why are you upgrading OpenSpace?
We are always looking for ways to improve your learning experience. It is important to us that we are delivering a superior online learning platform that meets your needs, to give you the best chance to succeed and get the most out of your course. We have listened to your feedback from student surveys and have been working on enhancing and improving OpenSpace to make it much easier to find what you’re looking for, move through your course and get help when you need it. We’ve customised your learning experience to suit you.
What can I expect?
You can expect a more user-friendly and seamless online learning platform. We’ve made OpenSpace simple to navigate to help you find what you’re looking for much more easily. That way, you can get back to doing what’s most important: studying! Some exciting new features include:
- Customised learning dashboard
- Improved course menu for easy navigation
- Improved global search and support centre
- New social and community features
- Mobile and tablet friendly
- New message centre
- Brand new resources, video content and support materials
- Interactive site tours to help you navigate the platform
Will it change how I access my course content and complete assessments?
No, there will be no major change to how you access your course content and complete assessments – the process will still be the same, we have just worked hard to simplify it for you. You will still be able to resume your studies in the same spot as you left it, and your course duration will also remain the same so you can continue to pace your studies in a way that suits you.
How will this impact my learning?
Your learning won’t be impacted as you can still access your course materials, submit your assessments, join student discussions and get help when you need it; it’s now just much easier to do. We’ve also made OpenSpace much more accessible so you can study on the go anywhere, anytime and using any device, whether that’s a mobile, tablet or desktop. We know it’s important that wherever you are, whenever you have time to get work done, your learning platform will be there to meet your needs.
How will I know when my course has moved over to the new platform?
All students will be transitioned over to the new OpenSpace platform on a course-by-course basis over the coming months. We will be communicating with you every step of the way by email to let you know when your course will be available.
Who can I speak to if I have questions or concerns in OpenSpace?
If you have any questions about OpenSpace or if there is anything you are unsure about, you can contact the student support team on 1300 650 011 or submit an online enquiry.
Need some help with your studies?
Need some help with your studies?