/ Open Colleges 2020 Christmas Giveaway (Instagram)
Schedule to Conditions of Entry
Promotion Name: Open Colleges 2020 Christmas Giveaway (Instagram) ("The Promotion")
Promoter: The Promoter is Open Colleges Pty Ltd (ABN 61 000 011 692) of Level 11, 300 Elizabeth St, Sydney NSW 2000.
Promotional Period: The Promotion starts at 9:00 on 16 November 2020 and closes at 23:59 (AEST) on 29 November 2020.
Entry Restrictions: Entry is open to residents of Australia who are aged 18 years of age and over. The Prize Winner of the Open Colleges Christmas 2020 Giveaway (Facebook) is ineligible to enter this Promotion.
Entry Method: To enter, entrants must during the Promotional Period:
(i) Follow the @opencolleges Instagram page
(ii) Answer this question in 25 words or less: "What have you always wanted to study?" and include the hashtag #EverythingCouldHappen
Maximum Entries Permitted: Multiple entries permitted.
Judging Details: The most creative, original and suitable entry that answers the required question will be awarded with the prize (“Prize Winner”). Judging will take place at 11:00 (AEST) on 30 November 2020 at the officers of the Promoter.
Prize: The Prize will consist of a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 Lite Wi-Fi 12GB (Oxford Grey) valued at $649.00 (RRP). There is one (1) prize to be won.
Conditions of Prize: Prizes are not transferable & cannot be converted to cash. Samsung is not a participant in or sponsor of this Promotion.
Prize Winner Notification: The Prize Winner will be notified by either telephone or email by 17:00 (AEST) on 2 December 2020.
Prize Winner Details: The name of the Prize Winner will be published on the Promoter’s Instagram page at 12:00 (AEST) on 4 December 2020.
Prize Claim Date: The Prize must be claimed by 23:59 (AEST) on 14 December 2020. If the Prize is not claimed by the Prize Claim Date, the prize will be forfeited, and the Promoter may determine an alternative winner.
Conditions of Entry
- These Conditions of Entry are to be read in conjunction with the Schedule to Conditions of Entry. To the extent that there is any inconsistency between the Conditions of Entry and the Schedule to Conditions of Entry, the Schedule to Condition of Entry prevails.
- Information on how to enter & prizes form part of these terms & conditions. Any entry not complying with these Conditions of Entry and Schedule to Conditions of Entry is invalid.
- Standard entry restriction: Employees of the Promoter, the Promoter’s associated companies, the Promoter’s agencies associated with the Promotion and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- Promotional Period: The Promotion will take place during the Promotional Period. Any entry that occurs outside this period is invalid.
- Receipt of entries for electronic entries: Entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database. The Promoter is not responsible for incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, late, lost or misdirected information caused by an entrant or occurring during transmission.
- Verification Requirements: The Promoter may require the entrant to provide proof of matters such as identity, age, and residency. If an entry cannot be verified to the Promoter’s satisfaction, the entry will be invalid.
- Standard Prize Restriction: All prizes unless stated to the contrary are not transferable & cannot be converted to cash.
- Prize Value: Prize value is correct at time of printing but no responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of any prize.
- Prize Delivery: Where applicable, prizes will only be delivered in Australia and each winner should allow 28 business days from prize winner determination for delivery of their prize.
- If a prize winner or participant is under the age of 18 years of age: The prize will be awarded to the winner's parent/guardian on their behalf.
- If the prize becomes unavailable: The Promoter may substitute a different prize item of equal or greater value in the event that any prize item is unavailable despite the Promoter’s reasonable endeavours to procure within Australia.
- Australian Consumer Law: The winner should look to the manufacturer of products and provider of services awarded as prizes for all warranties. These terms and conditions do not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision (including a provision of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010) where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of these terms and conditions to be void.
- Tampering: The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual entrant or group of entrants for tampering with the entry process. Tampering includes but is not limited to submitting an entry which is not otherwise in accordance with these Conditions of Entry and Schedule to Conditions of Entry including requirements of originality. Should the Promoter find evidence of tampering by an individual, in addition to declaring any or all entries made by that individual invalid, the Promoter may also preclude that entrant from participation future promotions of the Promoter. Entries which are generated by computers or other automated mean
- Technical Malfunction: If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of the Promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this Promotion.
- Publicity: Winners may be required to participate in a follow-up publicity. By entering the Promotion and claiming a prize, the winner agrees that the Promoter may use their name, image and photograph/s for publicity and Promotion purposes, without compensation, and agrees that the Promoter will own copyright in any such images and photograph/s and in all material incorporating the photograph/s.
- Entry Content: The Promoter may use an entrant’s entry content, name, likeness, images, photograph/s, film and sound recordings and any other material created during their participation in the Promotion for publicity and promotion purposes for an unlimited time throughout the world without compensation in any media, social media, advertising and/or promoting any goods or services of the Promoter.
- Copyright: It is a condition of participating in the Promotion that the entrant warrants that their entry is original and does not infringe the intellectual property of any third parties. The entrant assigns all rights, title and interest in their entry to the Promoter without compensation. The entrant further agrees not to object to the Promoters use of the entry material on the basis of any moral right. The Promoter may, if required request that an entrant complete any documentation necessary to give effect to this assignment of right, title and interest.
- Liability: The Promoter is not liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered, including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss, or for personal injury suffered or sustained during the course of accepting or using the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- Disruptive, abusive, unsuitable entries: The Promoter may determine all entries invalid and/or preclude participation by an entrant if an entrant disrupts, annoys, abuses, acts contrary to law or engages in fraudulent misleading and deceptive conduct, of the entry is contrary to the platform’s rules of conduct or is otherwise offensive in nature.
- Tax: Winners should obtain their own independent financial advice in relation to any tax liability that may arise as a result of their participation in the Promotion.
- Promoter’s Decisions: All decisions of the Promoter are at their complete discretions and are final. No correspondence will be entered into.
- Social Media & Samsung: The Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants completely release Facebook or Instagram from any and all liability relating to the Promotion. Samsung is not a participant in or sponsor of this Promotion.
- Law: These terms and conditions are governed by the law of New South Wales.