Aug. 31, 2018
We are one of Australia's oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning. Over this time, we have delivered education and training to more than 800,000 Australians.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of over 90 courses and focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
We have a clear vision and have experienced step-change growth and organisational expansion over the last three years. We are well positioned to sustain strong growth into the future - driven by increased market demand for online learning combined with continued investment in further expanding our course portfolio and improving the learner experience and competitiveness of our courses.
Our team includes over 380 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
The Sales Training Manager will be responsible for identifying gaps in sales performance through call listening observations, generating and implementing solutions, individual coaching, targeted training, professional development, and employee engagement.
Leveraging previous sales training expertise and qualifications, the Sales Training Manager plan, develop, and implement talent programs, and partner with business stakeholders to evaluate their effectiveness. This will include design and delivery of online virtual classrooms, instructor led/online induction programs, Open Colleges course content and USP training, sales techniques training, frontline leadership coaching and talent development initiatives to increase retention.
This role plays a key part in retaining top talent through thoughtful and holistic engagement, development, and retention initiatives that promote Open Colleges values and support our culture.
- Development of induction and onboarding program including assessment and inductee sign off
- Reviewing existing business performance to identify any opportunities, gaps, risks and inefficiencies with a specific focus on sales effectiveness
- Development and ongoing monitoring of call quality standards and provision of trend analysis and compliance risks to senior management
- Development of a comprehensive knowledge management system
- Conducting Training Needs Analysis (TNA) to identify and prioritise training requirements for individuals and teams.
- Developing, delivering and managing all new starter training
- Developing, delivering and managing ongoing training
- Supporting knowledge management by updating process, policy and training documentation
- Support the roll out of new initiatives through training
- Providing regular reporting to key stakeholders on training needs and outcomes
- Contribute to Open Colleges commitment to ongoing compliance with external regulatory frameworks
Key Attributes & Skills:
- Ability to undertake training needs analysis to develop targeted training and deliver business outcomes
- Ability to work with a diverse group of stakeholders with varying drivers
- Demonstrated attention to detail and time management skills
- Well-developed communication skills – written and verbal
- Demonstrated knowledge of the:
- Australian Consumer Law
- Australian Privacy Principles
- Desired knowledge of the VET Quality Framework
- Ability to set direction and deliver practical business solutions
- Superior analytical skills; data-driven with demonstrated ability to analyse information, make assessments based on data, and tell the story to diverse audiences
- Project management skills and experience
- Seasoned presenter with demonstrated facilitation skills
- Proven capability utilizing a variety of leadership assessment tools (e.g., 360, DiSC)
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment (TAE40110/TAE40116)
- Demonstrated experience in sales training in 70 plus seat contact centre environment
- Experience in analysing business/sales performance to identify key training opportunities
- Prior experience in developing, delivering and maintaining division wide sales training programs
- Experience and understanding of the sales environment, preferably the Education industry
- Experience with Learning Management Systems preferred
- Significant demonstrated experience with change management, performance and talent management, and training
- Instructional design, survey design, needs analysis, and evaluation experience
Please email your resume and cover letter to Hannah Liddell, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5195.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
** No Recruitment Agencies**