May 21, 2018
We are one of Australia's oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of courses spanning Business, Finance and Services, Education, Health and Community Services and Design, Science and Technology. We focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
Our team includes over 370 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
The Online Community Support Officer is a key educational position that drives learner satisfaction and outcomes through the provision of first class support including:
- Providing an in-platform presence to ensure responsive feedback, troubleshooting & proactive resolution to student enquiries;
- Moderating discussion boards and driving engagement;
- Collaborating with Trainers to identify needed improvements to FAQs, content and assessments
- Participating with other stakeholders across Open Colleges to improve the student experience
In this role, you will undertake the following core functions:
- Collaborate with trainers to develop, implement and maintain onboarding
- Monitor and moderate discussion boards within the online classroom in a professional and timely manner
- In collaboration with the trainers publish module and assessment FAQ’s
- Provide professional, timely and accessible responses within the platform, including:
- General Administrative Enquiries
- Student Complaints
- Student Progression Enquiries
- Mentoring Support Enquiries
- Work Placement Support and Requirements Enquiries
- Maintain accurate records
- Implement specific support strategies including re-engagement of learners identified through Program Support Plans.
- Assist in administration of additional course resources
- Provide other administrative support as required
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Strong teamwork skills, particularly in an educational environment
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Strong student focus and ethos
- Ability to confidently use technology and systems
- Understanding how learners interact and engage in a digital, multi-screen environment
- Relevant qualification in customer service field (desirable)
- Relevant qualifications in Training and Assessment (desirable)
- High-volume text based (online/email/social media) support (+1 year)
- Provision of education support in an RTO +1 year (desirable)
- Distance, flexible or online learning +1 year (desirable)
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**