June 21, 2018
We are one of Australia's oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of courses spanning Business, Finance and Services, Education, Health and Community Services and Design, Science and Technology. We focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
Our team includes over 380 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
Open Colleges, Australia’s leader in online learning, is looking for a SEO Manger to be tasked with progressing our inbound strategy – supporting the customer marketing funnel, by driving traffic, leads, sales, customer engagement, and positive customer behaivour.
The business recognises the importance of this critical channel to the long-term future success of the company and we are looking for an individual who is ready to take that next step in their career, who has a “can do” attitude, is not afraid of rolling up their sleeves, has a real entrepreneurial flair and is absolutely passionate about all things online and customer experience. The successful candidate will need to be talented and highly driven to help drive successful inbound strategies and tactics as well as contribute to the wider marketing strategy of the business.
The role will be central to driving the consumer-centric marketing strategy and driving continuous business and brand growth.
- Grow new leads & site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, lead generation content and organic search listings
- Developing and executing the tactical SEO strategy for the business including keyword research, monitoring rankings, perform competitor analysis, and both on page and off-page elements, adhering to best practice principles along with Open Colleges’ SEO marketing agency
- Execute and continually refine the SEO & Inbound strategy that supports the marketing and sales function
- Manage the production on-brand content (blog posts, whitepapers, ebooks, reports, infographics on site) while working with the Brand team to nurture customers along the conversion funnel, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimised for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, mobile, video
- Alongside social, communications, & media team, ensure amplification and integration of content activities within marketing campaigns, and optimise marketing automation campaigns
- Developing standards, processes and best practices for content creation, publishing, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval, repurposing & retiring
- Leveraging market and research data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical business metrics
- Working with other internal and external stakeholders to research and resolve HTML code and content, link & web architecture and navigation issues, optimise web body content, execute diversified link acquisition strategies, identify webpage indexing issues
Key Attributes & Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Strong understanding of importance of content marketing, SEO techniques and best practices
- A strong understanding of search engine trends, algorithms and ranking factors
- Keeping abreast of latest developments in content & SEO
- Passion for data, analysis and innovation
- Experience developing Content & SEO strategies
- Strong time management and project planning skills
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to develop collaborative working relationships
- An understanding of IT systems & hosting environments
- Thorough understanding of all online channels and awareness of how they interact in order to make up the entire digital marketing mix
**This position is based in our offices on Sydney CBD**
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**