May 7, 2018
We are one of Australia's oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of courses spanning Business, Finance and Services, Education, Health and Community Services and Design, Science and Technology. We focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
Our team includes over 370 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
The principle accountability of this role will be to assist in the development and implementation of key product marketing and development strategies to support the Head of Brand and Product Marketing and our Product Marketing Manager in ensuring that our courses drive the right outcomes based on the market, employer, student, and business needs.
We are looking for entrepreneurial product management professional ready to take the next step in their career. This role puts the individual at a unique position to influence major innovation in the organization’s product portfolio in order to drive success for years to come. We’re looking for someone who wants to shape the future of education in Australia.
- Drive pricing strategy for product portfolio in cooperation with the finance team
- Develop a deep understanding of consumer needs through qualitative/quantitative research, industry insights, and Australian labor market needs and leverage these learnings to act as bridge between product marketing and product development
- Lead the develop of our new and existing course initiatives including the Open Colleges School of Health and partnership programs
- Become the ‘go-to’ person within the marketing team for expertise related to our current product/course portfolio and future course portfolio growth
- Act as the liaison within the organisation for all product/course marketing related queries from cross-functional stakeholders
- Manage product/course launch campaigns when bringing a new course or a re-launched course to market, including working with the Brand, Performance Media, Education, and Product Development, and Sales teams to ensure our individual products are optimally positioned in the market to reach their relevant target audience
- Ensure that the Student Recruitment Division is able to clearly articulate the key product benefits and industry knowledge to our customers, through regular product/course training and reviews
- Ensure all product related marketing communications, including course guides, websites, emails, and advertising call out the key product/course benefits and messages relevant to the target audience
- Using multiple data and information sources to assist in the development of product/course business cases and opportunity analysis
- Regular review of competitors to inform pricing strategies, positioning, and product opportunities
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative market research and customer feedback campaigns to identify and act upon product opportunities and/or potential weaknesses
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the New Course Development Strategy by identifying and analysing product portfolio gaps and potential new market opportunities
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the Course Improvement Strategy by identifying opportunities to improve and add value to the current product offering
Support Quality & Continuous Improvement
- Contribute to Open Colleges commitment to ongoing compliance with external regulatory frameworks (including Standards for RTOs) through:
- Application of defined organizational policy and procedures.
- Contribution to the ongoing effectiveness and relevance of policy/procedure through informal review of policy/procedure directly related to your position
- Active participation in the continuous improvement system to provide suggestions for improvements to organizational policy/procedure and client services
- Active participation in internal quality review processes and external audit activity
Key Attributes & Experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in marketing/communications/product marketing
- Bachelor degree in Product Management, Marketing, Business, Economics, or similar field
- Exceptional written communication skills, including the ability to distill key messages into clear, concise and compelling communications
- Pricing strategy and implementation experience
- Digitally savvy, with a strong understanding of online marketing channels and customer acquisition strategies
- Superior verbal communication skills, including being able to deliver persuasive and presentations and training programs
- Exceptional attention to detail, with strong analytical and research skills and the ability to extract useful intelligence and insights from data and statistics
- Market research experience and an understanding of how to develop clear and actionable consumer insights
- Understanding of customer segmentation and experience in developing marketing strategies aimed at varying customer segments.
- Curious, inquisitive and a natural problem solver who strives to understand the detail behind business challenges in order to deliver strategic solutions
- Ability to lead and drive cross-functional projects from conception through to implementation
- Passionate about education and the ability of education to improve people’s lives
- Work experience in the online education industry, preferably vocational education and training is a plus
**This position is based in our offices on Sydney CBD**
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies*