April 13, 2018
We are one of Australia's oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of courses spanning Business, Finance and Services, Education, Health and Community Services and Design, Science and Technology. We focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
Our team includes over 350 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
The Trainer/Assessor is a key educational position that drives learner progression within their enrolled course.
The Trainer/Assessor achieves this through:
- Assessing load of 70%
- Active teaching presence in our learning platform, including through forums, webinars and live chat sessions
- Augmentation and contextualization of existing learning content
- Supporting current workplace assessors in any of all the below when required:
- Induct and support Workplace Supervisors
- Approve workplace as suitable for Structured Workplace Learning
- Undertake workplace assessments within Education Service Standards
- Conduct assessment interviews with the Workplace Supervisor and learner
- Provide constructive feedback to learners within quality guidelines
- Complete the necessary Workplace Assessment documentation
- Supporting Program Manager as directed
In this role, you will undertake the following core functions:
- Grade assessments in accordance with the Education Service Standards 70% load including RPL and Skill gaps
- Management of student academic queries within Education Service Standards
- Facilitating webinars
- Augmenting course content
- Assistance with student cases such as disability, complaints and
- Reasonable adjustments
- Participating in Assessment Validation and Moderation
- Contributing to course specific and Open Colleges generic FAQs
- Completing Professional Development requirements in line with an Annual Professional
- Development plan
- Conducting national workshops (if applicable)
Tertiary qualifications including:
- Bachelor of Education relevant to the Early Childhood Sector or equivalent (essential)
- Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE 40110/40116 (essential)
Throughout this role, you will need to remain up-to-date with:
- Latest industry practice in the course area – recent experience working as an Early Childhood Education & Care Educator
- Developments in the vocational education and training sector
- Developments in teaching, learning and assessment in an online learning environment
Please be aware that it is a requirement of this position that background checks are completed. The background checking process includes reference checking and validation of employment; proof of qualifications; proof of rights to work within Australia; and a police check.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**