Sept. 3, 2018
Open Colleges has been delivering quality education for over 100 years. During this time, we have honed our unique learning model to become Australia's leader in online learning. We've achieved this by continuously evolving our approach to meet the needs of our learners by offering flexible, accessible, supportive, and affordable education.
We're dedicated to putting the student at the centre of everything we do and have helped over 700,000 people gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
Our team includes over 380 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
The Lead Validator is responsible for the leading of meetings and reporting of validation and moderation of all pre and post release validation events in order to meet Open Colleges compliance requirements.
The Lead Validator role is also responsible for developing and monitoring the processes associated with pre and post release validation and moderation in association with the Validation and Moderation Coordinator and the Manager of Compliance.
- Develop and maintain a pre and post release validation and the moderation as per the schedule for all Open Colleges courses
- Facilitate and manage the pre and post release validation process in conjunction with the relevant subject matter experts (internal) or external if required
- Facilitate and manage the moderation process in line with the post release validation
- Ensure each validation session is documented with any corrective action requirements
- To inform responsible parties of the corrective actions with the Validation and Moderation coordinator as necessary
- To monitor and record the corrective actions performed with the Validation and Moderation Coordinator
- Lead the pre and post release validation meetings to ensure a subjective process that ensures each release meets the requirements of the relevant training package and agreed business service levels. This also incorporates the moderation process.
- Complete the pre and post validation reports to a compliant manner and issue these through to the Heads of Portfolio for final signatory.
- As part of the validation exercises, undertake moderation in order to ensure consistency in grading and high-quality feedback
- Ensure outcomes of moderation is documented and sent to the Validation and Moderation Coordinator and Training Operations Manager to inform Trainer / Assessor performance reviews
- Proactively contribute to business improvement initiatives that improve student experience and/or provide improved operational efficiencies
- Provide recommendations for process and technology improvements for the management of validation and moderation.
- Contribute to Policy, Procedure and process development and improvement. .
- Ensure accurate record keeping and documentation
- As required participate in student assessment appeals process
- Contribute to Open Colleges commitment to ongoing compliance with external regulatory frameworks (including Standards for RTOs) through application of defined organizational policy and procedures and active participation in internal quality review processes and external audit activities.
- Working as part of the Compliance Team, ensure effective implementation of the Open Colleges internal audit, quality monitoring and reporting program
- Support the development and implementation of comprehensive audit preparation plans
- Undertake a range of tasks to implement the audit preparation plans, including training with staff and stakeholders on audit preparation plans
To be successful in this role, you will have the following key attributes and skills:
- Assessment of vocational competence
- Strong negotiation and collaboration skills
- Time management
- Strong teamwork skills, particularly in an educational environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to develop rapport at all levels within the business
- Ability to confidently use technology and systems
- Willingness to learn and continue to improve individual performance
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and effectively
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment or Assessor Skill Set (essential)
- Experience in delivering training and assessment within Vocational Education industry (3+ years)
- Preparing and facilitating meetings
- Preparation of management reports
**This position is based in our offices in Sydney CBD**
Please be aware that it is a requirement of this position that background checks are completed. The background checking process includes reference checking and validation of employment; proof of qualifications; proof of rights to work within Australia; and a police check.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Hannah Liddell, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5195.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**