March 28, 2018
We are one of Australia’s oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning. Over this time, we have delivered education and training to more than 700,000 Australians.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of courses spanning Business, Finance and Services; Education, Health and Community Services; and Design, Science and Technology. We focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
Our team includes over 350 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
The Head of Shared Services is a key delivery role within Open Colleges. This role will drive excellence through identifying and implementing strategies to improve student engagement, retention and the overall student experience.
The key responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and empower the Shared Services Teams to drive positive student outcomes and continually improve performance and satisfaction metrics
- Transform and scale Shared Services processes
- Engage and influence key stakeholders across divisions in supporting the scaling and improvement of services and processes
- Inform transformation projects within Shared Services through data set analysis and interpretation
- Successfully direct Shared Services projects through to the implementation phase and beyond
- Support the Open Colleges strategic plan and continually innovate to ensure Open Colleges remains a leader in online education
- Embody the Open Colleges vision, mission and values to be an influential and exemplary leader
To be successful in this role, you will have the following key attributes and skills:
- Strong communication, influencing and organizational skills
- Strong people management and stakeholder relationships
- Strong analytical capabilities and understanding of data analytics
- Ability to confidently use technology and systems (CRM, LMS)
- Understanding how learners interact and engage in a digital, multi-screen environment
- An understanding of service delivery via multiple channels and the use of emerging technology
Tertiary qualifications including:
- Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assesssment (TAE40110/TAE40116) (desirable)
- Leadership (+ 2 years) in a operational role
- A continually changing environment with accelerating customer expectations
- Improving service standards concurrent with driving efficiencies in customer service
- Analyzing and presenting data to support business decision-making
- Learning, education or related industry (online learning and VET sector highly desirable)
- Managing cross functional technology projects and implementation
- Contextualizing service to user groups in an online environment
- User experience and design
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies Please**