April 9, 2018
Open Colleges has been delivering quality education for over 100 years. During this time, we have honed our unique learning model to become Australia's leader in online learning. We've achieved this by continuously evolving our approach to meet the needs of our learners by offering flexible, accessible, supportive, and affordable education.
We're dedicated to putting the student at the centre of everything we do and have helped over 700,000 people gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
Our team includes over 360 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
The Business Intelligence Analyst role is responsible for developing and delivering BI capabilities which underpins decision making and operations across the enterprise and will work on a broad range of projects and datasets.
- System owner – be the local subject matter expert in the use of our BI stack including Power BI
- Develop policies, processes and toolsets for continuous improvements to data quality and integrity
- Drive and execute the agreed BI strategy for the organisation. Continuously identify and communicate findings, including improvement opportunities, to all stakeholders.
- Contribute to and facilitate the development of business intelligence priorities across the organisation
- Develop and transform the organisations data and analytics capabilities, managing the processes and people responsible for all aspects of the data lifecycle
- Champion the use of business insights based on data analysis for decision-making and strategic planning
- Data Guardian – responsible for all the company’s data and continued data integrity. Become the key point of contact for data requirements across the business
Required / Desired Skills
- Strong SQL or other programming language
- A background in delivering / managing business intelligence projects
- A passion for finding and solving problems
- Strong data modelling, mapping and cleansing skills
- Experience using statistical, reporting and/or business intelligence (Bl) tools
- Experience developing Bl reports, dashboards, mashups with tools such as Power BI (highly desirable)
- Experience in the manipulation of large data sets and turning data into actionable insights
- Has a love of 'Data', and passionate about continuing to build a 'Data Driven' business culture.
- Strong analysis skills
- Knowledge of forecasting techniques, advanced analytics or data science will be advantageous with exposure to statistics packages and related tools.
**This position is based in our offices in Sydney CBD**
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**