April 10, 2018
We are one of Australia's oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of courses spanning Business, Finance and Services, Education, Health and Community Services and Design, Science and Technology. We focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
Our team includes over 350 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
The Multimedia Designer is responsible for identifying, planning and delivering multimedia material to support our online learning content, aiming for the best onscreen experience for our learners.
The Multimedia Designer is someone who has a great eye for detail and can be creative within the limitations of a style guide. As part of the Multimedia Team, you will be working collaboratively with Production Designers, Video Producers, Motion Graphic Artists and Learning Designers on the delivery of the multimedia assets.
- Propose, develop and implement responsive assets across devices, in collaboration with key stakeholders, to support learning and assessment tools across our range of products. Assets would include, but not be limited to:
- Data visualisations
- Interactive experiences
- Identify opportunities for and visualisation of product features to support learning and assessment tools across our range of products.
- UI design as required by the business.
- Adhering to Open Colleges’ internal products, best practice and maintaining brand consistency.
- Professional and self-development for continuous improvement
- Deliver course materials within agreed constraints; time, scope and technology.
- Maintenance of existing legacy content (online and offline).
- Ensure all learning material adheres to Open Colleges’ quality, brand and design standards
- Work with Learning Designers, Program Managers and Copyright Partnerships Manager to complete QA of learning materials.
- Contribute to strategies to improve digital information presentation, engagement and outcomes.
- Stay current with the latest best practices and technologies
To be successful in this role, you will have the following key attributes and skills:
- Understanding of how people interact and engage in a digital, multi-screen, environment.
- Understanding of the latest trends and your role in a commercial environment
- Proven competence in design and image manipulation software
- Teamwork skills because most projects require input from individuals with different roles
- Self-development skills to keep-up-to-date with fast-changing trends
- Professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Organisational, time management skills and the ability to multitask effectively
- Creative flair and an innovative approach to all design projects within the limitations of a style guide
- Communication skills to present ideas and information in a multimedia context combined with IT and programming skills
- Strong work ethic with a proven ability to deliver against tight timelines
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud, particularly Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign, Premiere
- HTML5, CSS skills
- Timeline based software
- Strong typographic and conceptual skills
- Proficient Mac and PC computer skills
- Working with long-format/rich-media digital content
- Designing online learning experiences
- Exposure to design of user experience (UX) for multi-screen, user engagement
- Exposure to 3d Imaging software
- Digital/web design or similar (+2 years)
- Creation of Multimedia assets using Adobe Creative Suite / Cloud (+3 years)
- Relevant qualification in Multimedia Design
**This position is based in our offices on Sydney CBD**
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to provide examples of your work alongside your application.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**