April 10, 2018
We are one of Australia's oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of courses spanning Business, Finance and Services, Education, Health and Community Services and Design, Science and Technology. We focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
Our team includes over 350 staff and 100 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
As leader of the creative team within Product Development, you will be responsible for fundamentally changing how students engage and learn online. You will provide creative guidance to the Product Development division on how to bring Open Colleges courses to life in an online, asynchronous learning environment.
You are expected to bring engaging visual and experiential acumen and will be responsible for the team who define the digital student experience.
The team you manage will include UX/UI, digital design and digital production.
- Lead a creative team through ideation and development to innovative digital learning products
- Effectively manage digital budgets and invoicing, schedules, prototypes, design reviews and approvals
- Successfully execute original concepts through to responsive digital solutions supporting the Open Colleges brand
- Create and contribute to a great design team culture
- Interpret and translate complex learning requirements into beautiful solutions and experiences
- Identify insights and articulate creative strategies that inspire innovative and effective creative solutions
- Deliver user-centric design processes and techniques.
- Drive the UX vision of the Digital learning and contribute to new business opportunities.
- Oversee and lead the product design life-cycle from idea inception to product launch.
- Mentoring the Product Development team in all things digital and creative
To be successful in this role, you will have the following key attributes and skills:
- A seasoned strategist with 5+ years of experience implementing creative solutions
- A big picture thinker who can infuse new technical skills into the organisation and elevate the quality of our work
- Experience leading a team on UX and design projects.
- Extensive knowledge in user-centred design methodologies
- Experience across digital design, art direction or creative lead for digital product
- Strong experience using creative tools and prototyping tools to communicate concepts
- Understanding how users interact and engage in a digital, device agnostic environment
- Ability to effectively communicate, lead and manage a multi-skilled creative team
- Ability to thrive in a rapid paced environment on multiple projects in a start-up atmosphere
- Solid scheduling, time-management and project management skills
- Strong understanding of IP, copyright and content regulations
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Front end development experience considered a bonus, but not essential
- Relevant qualifications or certificates in creative techniques
- Relevant qualifications or certificates in design or UX\UI
**This position is based in our offices on Sydney CBD**
As part of our recruitment process, you will be required to provide examples of your work alongside your application.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**