Action for Children and the Aged (ACATA) Australia is a registered charity and non-profit organisation. It comprises of medical experts and health advocates whom work towards addressing humanitarian crisis, marginalised care, and unmet medical needs in high risk communities on health and diet related issues for children and the aged. ACATA Australia works to promote healthy life styles and eating habits to influence the health of children and the aged.
Both ACATA Australia and Open Colleges have jointly agreed to provide Open Colleges CHC33015 Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) students with the opportunity to participate in a two-week work placement experience of 120 hours. Students will be participating as volunteers in Fijian communities and special education schools in programs coordinated by ACATA Australia. Students will be supervised by an approved Workplace Supervisor and assessed during the placement by an Open Colleges Work Place Assessor who will also attend each project.
ACATA Australia project partners include:
- Open Colleges
- Gymnastics Australia
- Koronivia Farmers’ Cooperative
- Lions Clubs of Fiji
- Australian Red Cross
- Projects Abroad
- Ministry of Education Fiji
- Ministry of Health Fiji
ACATA Australia’s major project achievements include:
- School Health and Wellness Policy
- Vodafone mHealth
- Innovative Behaviour Change Projects
- Fitness for Health Programs
- Eating Clean Challenge
- Corporate Wellness Initiatives
- Impact Education in Schools
- Public Health Projects and Research
- Social Media Health Literacy
Expression of Interest
Please read the Fiji Work Placement Project Information Sheet, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and the Eligibility Criteria before completing this Expression of Interest form.
The project dates will be from Monday 15th October 2018 to Friday 26th October 2018. This project will be located in Nadi, Fiji and will include volunteering in special education schools, villages, the community and corporate settings.
Open Colleges’ Criteria for selection includes:
- Demonstrated aptitude for independent learning
- Interest in exploring and engaging constructively with other cultural perspectives
- Commitment to a human-rights based approach to community services practice
- Identified coping strategies for a challenging environment
You can follow up on your application status by contacting Jo Douglas, Academic Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Expression of Interest form must be received by: Monday 27th August 2018.