Action for Children and the Aged (ACATA) Trust Australia is a registered charity and non-profit organisation. It comprises of medical experts and health advocates whom work towards addressing humanitarian crisis, marginalised care, and unmet medical needs in high risk communities on health and diet related issues for children and the aged. ACATA Trust Australia works to promote healthy life styles and eating habits to influence the health of children and the aged.
Both ACATA Trust Australia and Open Colleges have jointly agreed to provide Open Colleges Certificate IV in Youth Work, Certificate IV in Disability and Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) students with the opportunity to participate in a two-week work placement experience of 120 hours. Students will be participating as volunteers in Fijian communities in programs coordinated by ACATA Trust Australia. Students will be supervised by an approved Workplace Supervisor and the Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) students will be assessed during the placement by Open Colleges Trainers/ Assessors who will also attend each project.
ACATA Australia project partners include:
- Open Colleges
- Gymnastics Australia
- Koronivia Farmers’ Cooperative
- Lions Clubs of Fiji
- Australian Red Cross
- Projects Abroad
- Ministry of Education Fiji
- Ministry of Health Fiji
ACATA Australia’s major project achievements include:
- School Health and Wellness Policy
- Vodafone mHealth
- Innovative Behaviour Change Projects
- Fitness for Health Programs
- Eating Clean Challenge
- Corporate Wellness Initiatives
- Impact Education in Schools
- Public Health Projects and Research
- Social Media Health Literacy
Expression of Interest
Please read the Fiji Work Placement Project Information Sheet, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and the Eligibility Criteria before completing this Expression of Interest form.
The project dates will be from Monday 1st July 2019 to Friday 12th July 2019. This project will be located in Nadi, Fiji and will include volunteering in special education schools, villages, the community and corporate settings.
Open Colleges’ Criteria for selection includes:
- Demonstrated aptitude for independent learning
- Interest in exploring and engaging constructively with other cultural perspectives
- Commitment to a human-rights based approach to community services practice
- Identified coping strategies for a challenging environment
The Expression of Interest form must be received by: Monday 1st April 2019.