Get the skills, knowledge and practical experience you need to start a career in the Business sector, with Open Colleges’ BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement).
Why study this course?
- You will gain a strong set of practical office skills and will be able to help customers throughout the sales process. You can put these abilities, which are valued by employers, to work immediately in a large variety of roles and businesses.
- This nationally recognised course, which specialises in customer engagement, will give you an edge over the competition by equipping you with a formal education.
- Studying with Open Colleges is fully flexible. You don't have to give up your job or sacrifice your lifestyle to study. You simply login to the online campus to access all your learning materials, whenever and wherever you like, and make your way through the course at a pace that suits you.
- You will be supported through your studies by a team of experienced Trainers and Assessors, who are there to answer any questions you have and provide feedback on your progress.
|Qualification name||BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement)|
|Course duration||Self paced - maximum of 12 months|
|Recommended hours per week||18.0|
|Qualification level||Certificate III|
|Delivery method||Online (via OpenSpaceX)|
|Assessments||Multiple choice questions, Projects, Role plays, Video, Written assessments|
|Awarded by||Open Colleges Pty Ltd (Provider number: 90796)|
About the course
A specialisation in customer engagement may be used in a number of different industries, such as customer service, sales, retail or, general clerical / administrative organisations.
General clerical work shows a strong future growth and is expected to reach 342,000 jobs by 2025.
Call or Contact Centre Workers shows a moderate growth and is likely to reach 39,100 jobs by 2025.
Source: Australian Government Job Outlook (https://joboutlook.gov.au/)
Who this course is for
This course is suited to people who have no experience and are looking to gain employment in a sales or office environment in an organisation with a strong focus on customer service or sales. The Certificate III in Business (Customer Engagement) is also a good option if you are already working in business or sales and want to formalise your experience and improve your skills to boost your job performance and prospects.
If you are an existing worker or have experience in the related industry, please inform our enrolment consultants during your enrolment conversation. You may be eligible to enrol as an existing worker and complete your studies faster. Please note - limitations do apply.
Potential career outcomes
- Clerical officer
- Customer Service Representative
- General Clerk
What you'll learn
During the course, you will learn how to:
- Assist with WHS
- Participate in sustainable work practices
- Communicate in the workplace
- Apply critical thinking
- Support personal wellbeing at work
- Design and produce business documents
- Design and produce spreadsheets
- Deliver and monitor services to customers
- Provide advice on products and services
- Assist with customer difficulties
- Process customer complaints
Your learning materials are accessed through our online platform OpenSpaceX. These learning materials include
- Learning content
- Additional resources
Holly is an enthusiastic and dedicated professional with over 20 years experience in business administration, account management, marketing and print. She has also been working within the education and training industry since 2013, in both a face-to-face and online capacity and is passionate about the power of education. Holly runs a small online business and holds a position on the Australian Institute of Office Professionals (AIOP) WA Division Committee.
Holly holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Diploma of Business Administration, Diploma of Business, Diploma of Marketing Communication, Diploma of Social Media Marketing, Certificate IV in Training & Assessment and a Certificate III in Printing & Graphic Arts.
Open Colleges may make changes to the course from time to time to reflect changes introduced to the relevant Training Package or other regulatory requirements. Please download the course guide for current information about the course and its status.
|BSBWHS311||Assist with maintaining workplace safety|
- Assist with incorporating WHS policies and procedures into work team processes
- Contribute to consultative arrangements for managing WHS
- Contribute to organisational procedures for providing WHS training
- Participate in identifying hazards, and assessing and controlling risks for the work area
|BSBSUS211||Participate in sustainable work practices|
- Measure sustainable work practices
- Support sustainable work practices
- Seek opportunities to improve sustainable work practices
|BSBTWK301||Use inclusive work practices|
- Establish practices that support individual differences in the workplace
- Work effectively with individual differences
- Assess use of inclusive practices
|BSBXCM301||Engage in workplace communication|
- Plan workplace communication
- Undertake routine communication
- Participate in workplace communication
|BSBCRT311||Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment|
- Prepare to address workplace problem
- Evaluate solutions for workplace problem
- Finalise and review solution development process
|BSBPEF201||Support personal wellbeing in the workplace|
- Recognise factors that impact personal wellbeing
- Plan communication with supervisor
- Communicate with supervisor
- Investigate available wellbeing resources
|BSBPEF301||Organise personal work priorities|
- Organise and complete own work schedule
- Evaluate own work performance
- Coordinate personal skill development and learning
|BSBTEC301||Design and produce business documents|
- Select and prepare resources
- Design document
- Produce document
- Finalise document
|BSBTEC302||Design and produce spreadsheets|
- Select and prepare resources
- Plan spreadsheet design
- Create spreadsheet
- Produce charts
- Finalise and present spreadsheets
|BSBOPS304||Deliver and monitor a service to customers|
- Identify customer needs
- Deliver a service to customers
- Evaluate customer service delivery
|SIRXPDK001||Advise on products and services|
- Develop product and service knowledge
- Respond to customer requests
- Enhance information provided
|SIRXCEG002||Assist with customer difficulties|
- Deal with customer complaints
- Process refunds and exchanges
- Deal with difficult customers
- Provide feedback on customer service
|BSBOPS305||Process customer complaints|
- Receive complaints
- Process complaints
- Resolve complaints
- Multiple choice questions
- Role plays
- Written assessments
Recognition of Prior Learning
We understand that you may already have many skills and areas of expertise that you have obtained in different ways and these are recognised through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) process.
Our Credit Transfer & Recognition of Prior Learning Policy, available in the Key Student Information section of our website, provides more information about our RPL process. Alternatively, you can contact an Enrolment Consultant to discuss your RPL options.
The duration for the course is self paced - maximum of 12 months. As a self-paced online course, the time it will take you to complete is flexible and dependent on ability and time available.
There are no mandated education entry requirements for this qualification, per the BSB Business Services Training Package.
Mandatory Entry Requirements
Access to a modern computer with high-speed internet
Access to Microsoft office or equivalent
Access to a device with audio & video capabilities
Access to people to participate in role plays & assessments
Recommended Local Entry Requirements
- Are 18 years old (note - students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 10 or ACSF Level 2.
- Basic computing skills
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
Equipment and tools
This course includes a requirement to record video and/ or audio roleplays. These will require participation by 1-3 other people sourced by you.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies. You can access the Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool here.
Pay in Full
You can choose to pay your course fees in full upon enrolment and benefit from a 10% discount (unless otherwise advertised).
Pay 50% & Payment Plan Combo
You can also choose to pay 50% of your total course fees upon enrolment and the balance on a Payment Plan. When you do, you’ll benefit from 50% of the standard Pay in Full discount (unless otherwise advertised).
You can choose to pay for your course in weekly or fortnightly instalments. By paying in instalments, you can schedule your payments around your regular outgoings and get ahead without breaking the bank. Open Colleges payment plans are interest-free.
With BPAY®, you’re able to pay quickly and securely, 24/7 through your internet, mobile or phone banking service. You can choose when, how much and from which account to pay from - whatever works for you. BPAY® is only available when paying in full. Call an Enrolment Consultant to find out more.
BPAY® is a trademark of BPAY Pty Ltd ABN 69 079 137 518. Check if BPAY® is right for you by reading the terms and conditions available from your Financial Institution.
Studying online with Open Colleges
Flexibility - study at your own pace
When you study online with Open Colleges you’re in control.
You can choose to complete your course quickly, or keep to a steady pace. Learning is fully flexible so you can fit your everyday commitments around your studies.
Everything you need to study is online so you can study wherever you like – but that doesn’t mean you’re on your own.
OpenSpaceX is our online learning platform. It’s where you’ll go to access your learning materials, contact your expert trainers and assessors and upload your assessments.
Your online community
What is OpenSpaceX?
Open Colleges offers you a custom-designed online-learning platform called OpenSpaceX.
Your learning platform is the heart of your study experience. This is where you'll navigate through your course materials, contact your trainers and assessors, and connect with other online students.
How to get support
The learning support team will be with you every step of the way, from enrolment to graduation. They’re here to help you get the most out of your online course. They can assist by providing non-academic support - like helping you craft an achievable study plan so that you can graduate in a realistic timeframe. If you’re finding it tough to stay motivated throughout your course, they’ll be there to help keep you on track.
Your experienced trainers are available to answer any questions you may have regarding the learning materials or assessments.
Your education manager can also provide you with advice and support regarding the overall course.
The Student Support team is your one-stop service centre for all student administrative issues – including enrolment, change of contact details, OpenSpaceX support, assessment results and certification.
You can access the Student Support team by email or phone
Work Placement Support
If your course contains work placement, the work placement support team can provide you with support, advice, and resources if you encounter difficulties in securing a workplace for your work placement.
You can access the work placement support team via your trainer and assessor or the student support team.
About Open Colleges
Our history and heritage
Open Colleges has been delivering quality education for over 125 years. During this time, we have honed our unique learning model to become one of Australia’s leaders in online learning.
We’ve achieved this by continuously evolving our approach to meet the needs of our learners by offering flexible, accessible, affordable and supportive courses.
We have helped over 450,000 people in the last decade alone gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
All of us at Open Colleges put the student at the centre of everything we do, whether that’s helping you find the right course, designing a new course, making improvements to our online campus or giving the support you need to reach your goals.
Commitment to quality
With Open Colleges you can:
- Study nationally recognised qualifications
- Choose from a wide variety online courses
- Fit study around your family or work commitments
- Enrol 365 days of the year
- Find a payment option that works for you
- Get academic and student support – online or over the phone
- Join a community of thousands of like-minded students
Get in touch
Still got a question?
Call an Education Advisor on 1300 161 345 for more details about this course and the enrolment process.
It’s our priority to ensure you enrol in the right course so an Education Advisor will be in touch shortly to discuss your specific goals and what you want to achieve through studying online. They’ll clearly explain the course options that would suit you best and why they would work for you and talk you through how online learning with Open Colleges works.