Average wage for
There are currently 67 900 people employed as Venue Managers in Australia. According to the Department of Employment over the next 5 years (up until the year 2018) there will be more than 8 000 additional job openings within this profession. The demand is expected to be high.
Employment by State
The majority of Venue Managers are employed within NSW. There are a higher proportion of Venue Managers in VIC and QLD than the average for all occupations, while the population in SA, TAS, NT and ACT is close to the national average.
This is a male dominated industry. 27.7% of Venue Managers are female and 72.3% are male.
The median age for Venue Managers is 31 years. Venue Managers are 9 years younger than the average age for all occupations.
Venue Managers work an average of 43.1 hours a week. This is 2 hours more per week than the average for all occupations.
The majority of workers employed in this profession have at least a Year 12 qualification. 59.9% of Venue Managers have a qualification that is Certificate III or higher while 30.7% have a qualification that is Year 12 or lower.
Venue Manager Duties & Tasks
- Promoting conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- Responding to inquiries concerning services provided and costs for room and equipment hire, catering and related services
- Meeting with clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs
- Arranging and coordinating services, such as conference facilities, catering, signage, displays, audio-visual equipment, accommodation, transport and social events, for participants
- Organising registration of participants
- Negotiating the type and costs of services to be provided within budget
- Overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
*The information provided on this page is from the Department of Employment’s Job Outlook website. All salary ranges are from Payscale. Where jobs are not exact matches, job areas have been used. This information is to be used as a guide only.