Average wage for
Around 22,300 people are currently employed as Event Coordinators in Australia. This is set to increase slightly to 25,400 people by 2019, according to the Department of Employment.
Employment by State
36.1% of all Event Coordinators are employed in NSW. The area with the lowest number of Event Coordinators is ACT, with only 0%.
This is a very male dominated industry with 81.7% of Event Coordinators being male and 18.4% female.
The most popular age for people working as Event Coordinators is 35-44 years old, with 30.7%. A small percentage (5.9%) of people get into this career path older, aged 65 and over. There is also a number of people who enjoy a career as Event Coordinators, with 11.1% aged 55-59.
Event Coordinators work an average of 49.5 hours a week which is 8.6 hours higher than the average for all occupations.
The majority of Event Coordinators have a Certificate III/IV qualification (33.1%) or are at a Year 12 level (24.9%). 50.9% of people have a Cert III or higher, whilst 49.1% have a qualification which is Year 12 or lower.
Event Coordinator Duties & Tasks
- Promoting conferences, conventions and trade shows to potential customers
- Responding to inquiries concerning services provided and costs for room and equipment hire, catering and related services
- Meeting with clients to discuss their needs and outlining package options to meet these needs
- Arranging and coordinating services, such as conference facilities, catering, signage, displays, audio-visual equipment, accommodation, transport and social events, for participants
- Organising registration of participants
- Negotiating the type and costs of services to be provided within budget
- Overseeing work by contractors and reporting on variations to work orders
Professional Associations & Groups
*The information provided on this page is from the Department of Employment’s Job Outlook website. All salary ranges are from Payscale. Where jobs are not exact matches, job areas have been used. This information is to be used as a guide only.