Average wage for
Around 49,400 people are currently employed as Junior Web Designers in Australia. This is set to increase slightly to 58,600 people by 2019, according to the Department of Employment.
Employment by State
35.1% of all Junior Web Designers are employed in VIC. The area with the lowest number of Junior Web Designers is NT, with only 0.3%.
This is a slightly female dominated industry with 47.6% of Junior Web Designers being male and 52.4% female.
The most popular age for people working as Junior Web Designers is 25-34 years old, with 39.5%. A small percentage (2.2%) of people get into this career path younger, aged 15-19. There is also a number of people who enjoy a career as Junior Web Designers, with 9.9% aged 20-24.
Junior Web Designers work an average of 40.1 hours a week which is 0.8 hours lower than the average for all occupations.
The majority of Junior Web Designers have a Bachelor Degree qualification (41.2%) or are at a Advanced Diploma/Diploma level (25.1%). 87% of people have a Cert III or higher, whilst 13% have a qualification which is Year 12 or lower.
Junior Web Designer Duties & Tasks
- Know how to design for cross-browser support.
- Create, update and maintain website content.
- Ensure that web site meets its objectives and user needs.
- Research and suggest solutions to problems.
- Communicate ideas to other staff and clients.
- Use software such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Put together proposals for meetings with clients.
- Use content management systems to organise content.
*The information provided on this page is from the Department of Employment’s Job Outlook website. All salary ranges are from Payscale. Where jobs are not exact matches, job areas have been used. This information is to be used as a guide only.
Get a Free Course Guide
Enter your details below to receive a free course guide and a consultation with an Education Advisor.