Average wage for
Around 49,400 people are currently employed as Junior Graphic Designers in Australia. This is set to increase slightly to 58,600 people by 2019, according to the Department of Employment.
Employment by State
35.1% of all Junior Graphic Designers are employed in VIC. The area with the lowest number of Junior Graphic Designers is NT, with only 0.3%.
This is a slightly female dominated industry with 47.6% of Junior Graphic Designers being male and 52.4% female.
The most popular age for people working as Junior Graphic Designers is 25-34 years old, with 39.5%. A small percentage (2.2%) of people get into this career path younger, aged 15-19. There is also a number of people who enjoy a career as Junior Graphic Designers, with 9.9% aged 20-24.
Junior Graphic Designers work an average of 40.1 hours a week which is 0.8 hours lower than the average for all occupations.
The majority of Junior Graphic Designers have a Bachelor Degree qualification (41.2%) or are at a Advanced Diploma/Diploma level (25.1%). 87% of people have a Cert III or higher, whilst 13% have a qualification which is Year 12 or lower.
Junior Graphic Designer Duties & Tasks
- Ensure project is keeping to client's requirements and budget.
- Put together proposals for meetings with clients.
- Develop and suggest design concepts.
- Prepare rough drafts of design concepts.
- Use computer software to create design.
- Review final projects before printing or release.
- Liaise with external printers in order to meet deadlines and quality standards.
*The information provided on this page is from the Department of Employment’s Job Outlook website. All salary ranges are from Payscale. Where jobs are not exact matches, job areas have been used. This information is to be used as a guide only.