Average wage for
There are currently 126 900 people employed as Accounts Team Leaders in Australia. According to the Department of Employment over the next 5 years (up until the year 2018) there will be more than 15 000 additional job openings within this profession. The demand is expected to be high.
Employment by State
The majority of Account Team Leaders are employed within NSW. There are a higher proportion of Account Team Leaders in VIC and QLD than the average for all occupations, while the population in SA, TAS, NT and ACT is close to the national average.
This is a female dominated industry. 83.2% of Accounts Team Leader are female and 16.8% are male.
The median age for Account Team Leaders is 32 years. Account Team Leaders are 8 years younger than the average age for all occupations.
Accounts Team Leaders work an average of 37.4 hours a week. This is 2.7 hours less per week than the average for all occupations.
The majority of workers employed in this profession have at least a Year 10 qualification. 35.8.% of Accounts Team Leaders have a qualification that is Certificate III or higher while 49.3% have a qualification that is Year 12 or lower.
Accounts Team Leader Duties & Tasks
- Assisting in formulating budgetary and accounting policies
- Preparing financial statements for presentation to boards of directors, management, shareholders, and governing and statutory bodies
- Conducting financial investigations, preparing reports, undertaking audits and advising on matters such as the purchase and sale of businesses, mergers, capital financing, suspected fraud, insolvency and taxation
- Examining operating costs and organisations' income and expenditure
- Providing assurance about the accuracy of information contained in financial reports and their compliance with statutory requirements
- Providing financial and taxation advice on business structures, plans and operations
- Preparing taxation returns for individuals and organisations
- Liaising with financial institutions and brokers to establish funds management arrangements
- Introducing and maintaining accounting systems, and advising on the selection and application of computer-based accounting systems
- Maintaining internal control systems
- May appraise cash flow and financial risk of capital investment projects
*The information provided on this page is from the Department of Employment’s Job Outlook website. All salary ranges are from Payscale. Where jobs are not exact matches, job areas have been used. This information is to be used as a guide only.
Get a Free Course Guide
Enter your details below to receive a free course guide and a consultation with an Education Advisor.