Average wage for
Around 24,500 people are currently employed as Beauty Consultants in Australia. This is set to increase to 30,800 people by 2019, according to the Department of Employment.
Employment by State
29.7% of all Beauty Consultants are employed in NSW. The area with the lowest number of Beauty Consultants is NT, with only 0.9%.
This is a very female dominated industry with 0.6% of Beauty Consultants being male and 99.4% female.
The most popular age for people working as Beauty Consultants is 25-34 years old, with 30.4%. A small percentage (2.3%) of people get into this career path older, aged 60-64. There is also a number of people who enjoy a career as Beauty Consultants, with 17.1% aged 45-54.
Beauty Consultants work an average of 40.4 hours a week which is 0.5 hours lower than the average for all occupations.
The majority of Beauty Consultants have a Advanced Diploma/Diploma qualification (49.5%) or are at a Certificate III/IV level (37.6%). 87.1% of people have a Cert III or higher, whilst 12.9% have a qualification which is Year 12 or lower.
Beauty Consultant Duties & Tasks
- Answer phones, respond to e-mails, schedule appointments and call clients
- Greet clients and notify beauticians and hairdressers that their appointments have arrived
- Keep the salon and lobby area clean and merchandise stocked and organised
- Prepare and serve refreshments to clients
- Shampoo hair and escort clients to hairdressers stations
- Take payments for beauty treatments and product sales
*The information provided on this page is from the Department of Employment’s Job Outlook website. All salary ranges are from Payscale. Where jobs are not exact matches, job areas have been used. This information is to be used as a guide only.
Get a Free Course Guide
Enter your details below to receive a free course guide and a consultation with an Education Advisor.