from I Quit Sugar.com
1/4 butternut pumpkin, cubed
6 dutch carrots
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon rice malt syrup
glug of olive oil
1/2 spanish onion, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
1 cup quinoa
Small piece of preserved lemon, chopped finely
1 cup rocket
1 cup mint
1 red chilli, chopped
1 roma tomato, chopped
1/4 cup labna or cream cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
2. Chop pumpkin into small cubes, removing the skin if you wish. In a small, clean plastic bag toss the pumpkin, garlic, onion and carrots with the oil, cumin, cinnamon and rice malt syrup. Add some salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Fill a medium saucepan with water and add the quinoa. Bring it to the boil and then reduce the heat slightly, and cook for around 8 or 9 minutes. Remove the quinoa from the heat and drain well in a sieve.
4. Pop your veggie mix into the oven and cook for around 15 minutes. Flip the veggies and repeat until you get the colour and crunch you are after.
5. In a large bowl, mix your cooled quinoa, tomato, rocket, mint, chopped preserved lemon and roasted veggies.
6. Add your chopped chilli, and the labna (or cream cheese) in any way you see fit. You can serve it in the middle of the salad, or disperse throughout.
7. Top with a dressing of 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon rice malt syrup, a sprinkle of cumin, a good crack of pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.