Bonnie turns her passion for helping others into a rewarding career

by Jessica Hamilton

Experiencing grief from a young age, Bonnie March always had a desire to make a difference in the world. She wanted to use her experiences to help others.

“I feel like grief set me on the path to start looking at how I can make my life better. I got to a point where I kept asking myself the same question, which was: who do you want to be?”

After doing a bit of soul searching, Bonnie decided that a career helping others was what she wanted to do with her life.

“Success [to me] is helping people and realising that I have made the world just that little bit kinder,” she says.

So she quit her job, enrolled in Open Colleges’ Diploma of Counselling and hasn’t looked back since.

As part of the course, she got the chance to complete a two-week work placement in Fiji. She travelled to remote Fijian communities, providing counselling and health education programs to the locals.

“When you help someone, you feel alive,” she says.

Hear more of Bonnie’s inspiring story here:

Find your awesome like Bonnie did

Make a real difference in the lives of others with the Diploma of Counselling. Turn a passion into a rewarding career. Learn more today.