If you’re looking for study resources for your course or you want to learn more about a particular topic, GALE is here to help.
What is GALE?
GALE is an online library containing hundreds of research materials and papers to help you with your studies – all in the one, convenient place. It’s updated daily and available anytime you need it.
It’s a vast resource that contains articles about any subject that interests you.
GALE is part of the OpenSpace Library, which also includes references and six other online directories to help you with your studies. The possibilities for finding information are endless!
How can I use it to help with my studies?
You can use GALE anytime you like while you are studying with us. Maybe you want to find out more about a module in your course, or you need to find references for an assessment. Whatever your needs, GALE has it all.
It’s really up to you how you use the library. It’s there as a resource for you. So, take advantage of it! Try to learn as much as you can about the topics in your course. Knowledge is power, as they say!
Where do I find the GALE Online Library?
The GALE Online Library is open to all enrolled students with Open Colleges. You can access it anytime you like. It’s updated daily, so there will always be an abundance of useful study materials and papers available, whenever you need them.
To find the GALE Online Library, simply log in to OpenSpace and head on over to the ‘Study Tips and Resources’ page in the Support Centre. Alternatively, type in “GALE Library” in the search bar in OpenSpace and click on the relevant FAQ. This will have all the information you need.
What other study resources are available?
OpenSpace is home to heaps of study tips and resources. We are here to make sure you get the most out of your learning experience and have access to all the important stuff, like:
- Study tips – head over to the ‘Study Tips and Resources’ page in the Support Centre and you will find some fantastic articles on everything from how to set a study plan to managing your time, goal setting and developing good study skills.
- Referencing guides – we have some great guides in OpenSpace to help you build your academic skills and prepare for your assessments, including referencing and writing. Be sure to check them out.
- FAQs – all your questions answered from ‘how do I submit my assessment?’ to ‘what is referencing?’
- OpenSpace Library – GALE is your main research library. There are also six other directories that are part of the OpenSpace library, including:
- WorldCat – find items in libraries near you
- Libraries Australia – resource sharing service coordinated by National Library of Australia
- VOCED UNESCO/NCVER – database for technical and VET research
- The Online Books Page
- Questia Online Library
- Online Education Database
Now, all that’s left to do is to start researching! Check out what GALE has to offer.