July 24, 2017
We are one of Australia’s oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning. Over this time, we have delivered education and training to more than 800,000 Australians.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of over 100 courses and focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
We have a clear vision and have experienced step-change growth and organisational expansion over the last three years. We are well positioned to sustain strong growth into the future - driven by increased market demand for online learning combined with continued investment in further expanding our course portfolio and improving the learner experience and competitiveness of our courses.
Our team includes over 400 staff and 300 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
About the position
The user-experience designer is responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes. You will also design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it to ensure a great user experience of our learning platform, Open Space.
The UX Designer OpenSpace will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing a UX redesign of OpenSpace our online learning portal
- Establishing the UX project plan and deliverables in consultation with key stakeholders
- Implementing the project and its deliverables against the agreed budget and timelines
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mock-ups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate product visions by researching, conceiving, wireframing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for Open Space
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mock-ups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas.
Skills & Experience
- 3 or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Ability to work with stakeholders to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technology
- Extensive experience in Digital Project and Program Management with large organization
- Experience in e-learning or the education sector would be highly regarded
- Experience and knowledge of Interaction Design, wireframes, Information Architecture and Visual Design
Tertiary qualifications including:
- Relevant qualification in UX (essential)
- Training, assessment or adult education qualifications (highly desirable)
- Information or Technology qualifications (highly desirable)
**This position is based in our offices in Sydney CBD**
Please note, as part of our recruitment process, you will be required to provide examples of your work alongside your application.
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin, Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**