July 12, 2017
We are one of Australia’s oldest and largest providers of open learning. For over 100 years we have been helping people from all walks of life to improve their lives through learning. Over this time, we have delivered education and training to more than 800,000 Australians.
Today, we deliver a diverse portfolio of over 100 courses and focus on meeting the needs of adult learners by providing highly flexible, accessible and affordable education and training.
We have a clear vision and have experienced step-change growth and organisational expansion over the last three years. We are well positioned to sustain strong growth into the future - driven by increased market demand for online learning combined with continued investment in further expanding our course portfolio and improving the learner experience and competitiveness of our courses.
Our team includes over 400 staff and 300 contract educators. Over the last three years, we have been through a fundamental organisational transformation.
An exciting NEW 12-month maximum term opportunity is now vacant for a Learning Designer to join the Open Colleges' Course Product Development Division. Open Colleges provides asynchronous online learning using an online learning platform. This proven model provides students with ultimate flexibility and has been a hallmark of Open Colleges' success and longevity.
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate your knowledge skills and experience in the following 6 domains:
- Learning and Assessment Design – strong practical experience of learning and assessment design, preferably using the national qualification framework to develop online courses that deliver great outcomes for our learners
- Product Management – leading courses from concept through to execution, taking responsibility for delivering a great learner (user) experience; bringing a team of marketing, education, content, design and technology professionals together to realise great learning design
- Project Management – working with internal and external stakeholders to deliver courses according to agreed timeframes and budgets.
- Quality and Continuous Improvement – developing and improving nationally accredited courses and non-accredited courses that satisfy internal quality benchmarks and the national standards.
- Digital Environments – an interest and / or experience in how digital technologies can be used to deliver a user (learner) experience that exceeds customer expectations. Experience in developing online learning and assessment is an advantage. Demonstrable skills and experience in using data to drive meaningful and actionable insights regarding learner performance and opportunities for improvement is a distinct advantage.
- Collaborative; Communicative; Proactive – working in an open team environment and with other internal and external stakeholders in a collaborative and supportive way. Able to work both independently and collaboratively to achieve the best outcome for our learners and for our organisation.
- Lead the development and improvement of courses for national qualifications in VET, including learning materials and assessments;
- Facilitate instructional design function for all new courses;
- Interpreting training package guidelines and units of competency (competency standards) to brief content developers;
- Identify content requirements and then source and commission content;
- Participate in course review processes with each faculty;
- Adhere to content licensing standards (including copyright clearance) and guidelines;
- Proactively participate in Open Colleges' continuous improvement processes;
- Collaborate with all members of the Course Development and Course Improvement teams to achieve course objectives and Open Colleges' strategic goals.
Key Attributes & Experience:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Instructional Design, Online Education or Adult (Vocational) Education;
- A Certificate IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110), or equivalent;
- Experience in designing and developing VET courses for flexible, distance or online delivery;
**This position is based in our offices in Sydney CBD**
Please email your resume and cover letter to Ciaran Martin Talent Acquisition Specialist, Open Colleges (02) 8048 5006.
Please note that if you have applied for this or a similar role recently you will not need to reapply also due to the high volume of response anticipated for this role, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
**No Recruitment Agencies**