What You’ll Find Here
InformED is your learning and ideas hub. It’s a resource for curious minds and a platform for passionate voices. It’s an island of educational insight—diligently researched and carefully curated—in a sea of endless, often repetitive information.
Education ain’t what it used to be, kiddo. We’re here to discuss everything from DIY learning, digital literacy, and self-designed careers to the latest and most relevant findings in educational psychology—without the dense academic jargon that often weighs it down.
Peruse features, guides, and e-books on creativity, critical thinking, growth mindset, game-based learning, educational technology, and more. Whether you’re interested in these topics for personal or professional reasons, we’ve got you covered in all areas related to learning in the 21st century.
Welcome to InformED.
Who is Behind InformED?
InformED is a blog by Open Colleges, an online education provider based in Sydney, Australia.
Drop us a line:
1300 853 033 (inside Australia)
+61 2 9433 3655 (outside Australia)
Connect With Us On Google+
Interested in Contributing?
InformED is always thrilled to feature new voices. If you have the goods, we’ll help you spread the word.
To be eligible, you must meet all of these requirements. These requirements are harsh because we want to give our guest posters maximum value for the effort they put in.
Here are 10 points that you must adhere to:
- You must have something new to say. This is the most important factor of all. Posts that recycle old concepts will be rejected. Your ideas must be original in every sense of the word: previously unpublished, insightful and counter-intuitive, and designed to make your reader think differently.
- Post length can range from 800 to 2,000 words or longer.
- Post format varies with post type. We publish long-form features, top 25+ lists, interviews, guides, Op-Eds, and short informative pieces.
- Keep paragraphs short. Break down your posts with sub-headlines. Maximise readability.
- Every claim you make must be backed up, with links to your sources. Please ensure your sources are reliable and authoritative.
- This blog is for anyone interested in learning about learning. This includes educators, students, individuals, and organisations who wish to stay up-to-date with the latest scientific findings and educational trends. Please pitch your ideas accordingly.
- If you’d like a link, your website must be related to education, brain science, or career strategy.
- The website you’ll be pointing your link to must already be well-established.
- Only one link is allowed, with your brand name as anchor text. If your “brand name” is “credit cards” or any other “keywords”, please don’t bother.
- Suggest at least two images from Flickr’s creative commons. Or, if you want to buy a stock photo for the post, go ahead. Just make sure we have the rights to use it.
Send 3 topic ideas to email@example.com
Please note that due to the high volume of pitches we receive, we may not be able to respond to all guest post enquiries. If you’ve got what we’re looking for, you’ll hear from us.