Become a licensed real estate agent in NSW
This course is a nationally recognised TAFE qualification, and it satisfies the educational real estate registration and licensing requirements in NSW.
Designed to deliver you a comprehensive roadmap to the world of real estate, the course features units in:
- Property appraisal
- Marketing properties for sale
- Preparing properties for auction
- Leasing properties
- Negotiating property transactions
- Legal and ethical requirements of property management
- Preparing property reports
- Selling properties by private treaty
- Managing a real estate agency
This course is structured into ‘milestones’ which allow you to apply for and receive your NSW Certificate of Registration, NSW Real Estate Licence and the nationally recognised property services qualification as you move through the course.
Once you have completed this course you could be qualified to work as a registered real estate sales agent, a licensed real estate agent or you could even run your own real estate agency in NSW.
Importantly, when you study online with Open Colleges you have the freedom to fit study around your life. There are no classes to attend and no deadlines, you simply work through the course in your own time and at your own pace.
This course is offered by Open Colleges on behalf of TAFE NSW North Region.
Potential career outcomes
- Property Manager
- Property Officer
- Real Estate Sales Agent
- Real Estate Sales Assistant
|Qualification name||CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)|
|Course duration||Maximum 24 months|
|Assessments||Case studies, Multiple choice questions, Portfolio of evidence, Presentations, Scenario-based questions, Short-answer questions, Written reports|
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
This course requires you to read comprehensive learner workbooks, undertake a range of written assessments and engage in online discussion forums. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication.
As such, entry to the course requires English proficiency to Year 11 level or equivalent:
- A qualification at the Certificate III level or
- 2 years of work experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher.
- Access to printer and associated software
- Access to scanner and associated software
- Digital imaging software
- File compression software.
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
Mac OS users:
- Mac OSX v10.5 or higher (Mac OSX v10.6 recommended)
- 1 Ghz or faster processer (2GHz recommended)
You will need access to:
- A digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video and image files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smart phones include this technology.
- Software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc. are available as a free download from the internet.
Some assessments require learners to record audio/video. This can be achieved by engaging up to two colleagues in the workplaced or with friends, family and other learners to record this via various means such as Skype.
To successfully complete this course, you will require basic computing skills. This includes:
- Creating, saving and editing Microsoft Office documents
- Accessing and searching the internet
- Downloading and saving documents from websites
- Uploading documents through websites
- Participating in online discussions
- Compressing image files
- Recording, compressing and uploading videos.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies. You can access the Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool here.
Note: Courses offered by Open Colleges on behalf of TAFE NSW North Region may include Units of Competency that are graded by TAFE NSW. Students studying through Open Colleges are not subject to TAFE NSW grading criteria, receiving an ungraded outcome for Units of Competency and Qualifications successfully completed.
Certificate of registration (part 1)
|CPPDSM4080A||Work in the real estate industry|
- Develop knowledge of estate agency operations
- Interpret and comply with legislative and agency requirements
- Model ethical practice
- Identify industry employment requirements
|CPPDSM4008A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work|
- Develop knowledge of property sales
- Develop knowledge of sales process
- Identify roles and responsibilities of sales personnel
Certificate of registration (part 2)
|CPPDSM4007A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work|
- Apply knowledge of property management
- Develop knowledge of property management process
- Handle moneys
- Identify roles and responsibilities of agency personnel in property management
|CPPDSM3019B||Communicate with clients as part of agency operations|
- Establish rapport with clients
- Handle initial client enquiries
- Maintain and use client database
- Deal with client complaints and problems
List and market properties for sale
|CPPDSM4012A||List property for sale|
|CPPDSM4014A||Market property for sale|
|CPPDSM4018A||Prepare and present property reports|
Complete the sale
|CPPDSM4022A||Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty|
|CPPDSM4019A||Prepare for auction and complete sale|
List and market properties for lease
|CPPDSM4011A||List property for lease|
|CPPDSM4013A||Market property for lease|
|CPPDSM4016A||Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement|
|CPPDSM4049A||Implement maintenance plan for managed properties|
|CPPDSM4020A||Present at tribunals|
|BSBLED401A||Develop teams and individuals|
|CPPDSM4005A||Establish and build client-agency relationships|
|CPPDSM4017A||Negotiate effectively in property transactions|
|CPPDSM4056A||Manage conflict and disputes in the property industry|
|CPPDSM4009B||Interpret legislation to complete agency work|
|CPPDSM4015B||Minimise agency and consumer risk|
|BSBRKG304B||Maintain business records|
|BSBSMB406A||Manage small business finances|
|CPPDSM4006A||Establish and manage agency trust accounts|
Anthony is a licensed Real Estate Agent with 23 years’ experience in the industry. He has previously worked as a Sales Agent, Buyers’ Agent and Property Manager.
He holds a Bachelor of Commerce, Diploma of Financial Services, Certificate IV in Property Services, Certificate IV in Finance and Mortgage Broking and Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
Anthony currently spends his time operating a boutique real estate and mortgage broking business as well as assessing students completing their Certificate IV in Property Services.
A licenced real estate, stock and station and business agent, as well as an accredited auctioneer, Daniel has over four decades experience working within the real estate industry, including owning and operating his own real estate business. Experienced in sales, property, management and leasing, Daniel holds a Diploma of Business (Real Estate Management), Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) and a Certificate IV in Training and Assessment. An expert in the field, Daniel currently splits his time by providing consultancy advice to real estate businesses, as well as training and assessing up and coming real estate agents.
Enrol Online via EduPay - the Trusted and Secure enrolment gateway preferred by thousands of students
Weekly and fortnightly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call an Education Advisor on 1300 161 345 for more details.
* To be eligible, students wishing to apply for the payment plan must meet selected approval criteria.