Human Resources is one of the fastest growing sectors of management in Australia, and this nationally recognised management qualification could be your step up to the fast-paced and emergent field of HR leadership.
A good Human Resources Manager is someone who can clearly communicate the company's goals, workplace culture, objectives and policies and become a strategic organisational partner while overseeing leadership and culture within an organisation. You should ideally have great business ethics, management qualities, communication skills, and be able to contribute to a business through functions such as policy development and talent identification, as well as being genuinely people-oriented.
This flexible online course aims to develop your skills in all areas of HR Management including industrial relations, talent management, succession planning, and diversity and inclusion. A qualified and professional Open Colleges Trainer will support you throughout your course, guiding you towards your current professional goals. You will be provided with industry-current learning materials developed by North Coast TAFE and receive a nationally recognised TAFE qualification upon completion.
North Coast TAFE and Open Colleges
In an Australian-first initiative, you can now study this TAFE course with full government TAFE accreditation while benefitting from Open Colleges accessibility, flexibility and student support network provided through Open Space. The partnership between North Coast TAFE and Open Colleges means that we are now providing the best in accredited selected courses in various disciplines.
After completing this course you will be awarded with a Diploma of Human Resources Management BSB50607 from North Coast TAFE (Provider Number 90010).
Potential career outcomes:
- Human Resources Manager
- Recruitment Consultant
- HR Advisor
- Talent Management Consultant
- Course number
- Course duration
- Max 18 months
- Course fees from
- $77.97 per week
- Delivery mode
- Nationally recognised
Assignments, reports, case studies
- National Code
- Awarded By
- North Coast TAFE
- Associated With
BSBHRM501A: Manage human resources services
- Determine strategies for delivery of human resources services
- Manage the delivery of human resources services
- Evaluate human resources service delivery
- Manage integration of business ethics in human resources practices
BSBHRM503B: Manage performance management systems
- Develop performance management systems
- Implement performance management systems
- Coordinate formal feedback processes
- Coordinate individual or group learning development plans
BSBHRM504A: Manage workforce planning
- Assess supply and demand
- Develop workforce objectives and strategies
- Implement initiatives to support workforce planning objectives
- Monitor and evaluate workforce trends
BSBHRM505B: Manage remuneration and employee benefits
- Develop organisation's remuneration strategy
- Implement remuneration strategy
- Review and update remuneration strategy
BSBHRM506A: Manage recruitment selection and induction
- Develop recruitment, selection and induction policies and procedures
- Recruit and select staff
- Manage staff induction
BSBWRK509A: Manage industrial relations
- Develop industrial relations strategies/policies
- Implement industrial relations strategies/policies and plans
- Manage negotiations, conflict and disputes
BSBOHS509A: Ensure a safe workplace
- Establish and maintain an OHS system
- Establish and maintain participative arrangements for the management of OHS
- Establish and maintain procedures for identifying hazards and assessing and controlling risks
- Establish and maintain a quality OHS management system
BSBHRM507A: Manage separation or termination
- Develop policies and procedures for separation/termination of employment
- Manage separation/termination processes
- Manage exit interview process
- BSBHRM501A: Manage human resources services
- Year 10 or equivalent OR
- relevant qualifications OR
- relevant vocational experience
To give yourself the best chance of success in this course it is recommended you follow the preferred pathway for this qualification.
Preferred pathways for students considering this qualification include:
- BSB41007 Certificate IV in Human Resources or other relevant qualification/s
- with vocational experience in human resource management, but without formal qualifications
Minimum age of 18 years.
You will need access to a computer and the internet to complete this course. Minimum specifications for your computer are:
Minimum specifications for PC are:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or equivalent,
- Microsoft Windows XP and
- DVD/CD-ROM drive.
You will also need access to a printer and the following applications:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader and
- Macromedia Flash player.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language and you did not complete the last two years of secondary education in English, you are required to provide evidence of English language competency before enrolling into the course. Examples of appropriate evidence are listed below:
IELTS Overall score of 5.5 TOEFL 530 (paper), 197 (computer) or 71 (internet) 12 months in English-speaking employment Testimonial, statutory declaration
Open Colleges will endeavour to provide additional assistance to students who experience difficulties with language, literacy and numeracy.
1 year credit into a Bachelor of Business at Southern Cross University 40 credit points into a Bachelor of Business at Griffith University
|Pay by installment||Pay in full|
Enrol Online via EduPay - the Trusted and Secure enrolment gateway preferred by thousands of students.
Fortnightly and monthly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call a Course and Careers Advisor on 1300 853 033 for more details. Prices shown are for the online study option only. A surcharge applies for the print study option (if applicable to this course).
|Pay Just $77.97 per week with a $100.00 deposit||Pay in full $4326.50 and Save $763.50|