The Open Colleges Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41007 course is a nationally recognised qualification from the BSB07 Business Services Package. It is a broad-based course that will equip you with up-to-date skills and prepare you for numerous support positions in human resources management. You will learn to select, recruit and induct staff into an organisation, support performance management practices, and implement industrial relations procedures.
Upon successful completion of the Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41007 , you may be eligible for credit towards further studies.
Potential career outcomes:
- Human resources officer
- Human resources assistant
- Human resources clerk
- Course number
- Course duration
- 24 months
- Course fees from
- $69.58 per week
- Certificate IV
- Delivery mode
- Nationally recognised
- National Code
- Awarded By
- Open Colleges
- Associated With
BSBHRM401A: Review human resources functions
- Research human resource functions
- Review policies and procedures frameworks
- Apply ethical framework
- Report on research outcomes
BSBHRM402A: Recruit, select and induct staff
- Determine job descriptions
- Plan for selection
- Assess and select applicants
- Appoint and induct successful candidate
BSBHRM403A: Support performance management process
- Review performance management infrastructure
- Promote performance management system
- Collate performance management data
BSBWRK410A: Implement industrial relations procedures
- Communicate and implement organisation's industrial relations policies and procedures
- Assist in minimising industrial relations conflict
- Enhance industrial relations
BSBCUS402A: Address customer needs
- Assist customers to articulate needs
- Satisfy customers' complex needs
- Manage networks to ensure customer needs are addressed
BSBADM405B: Organise meetings
- Make meeting arrangements
- Prepare documentation for meetings
- Record and produce minutes of meeting
BSBITU401A: Design and develop complex text documents
- Prepare and produce word processed documents
- Design complex documents
- Add complex tables and other data
- Produce documents
BSBOHS407A: Monitor a safe workplace
- Provide information to the workgroup about OHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participative arrangements for the management of OHS
- Implement and monitor the organisation's procedures for providing OHS training
- Implement and monitor procedures for identifying hazards and assessing risks
- Implement and monitor the organisation's procedures for controlling risks
- Implement and monitor the organisation's procedures for maintaining OHS records for the team
BSBRSK401A: Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- Identify risks
- Analyse and evaluate risks
- Treat risks
- Monitor and review effectiveness of risk treatment/s
BSBWRT401A: Write complex documents
- Plan documents
- Draft text
- Prepare final text
- Produce document
- BSBHRM401A: Review human resources functions
- Year 10 or equivalent OR
- relevant qualification OR
- relevant vocational experience.
Minimum age of 16 years. If you are under 18 your application must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Students will need access to a computer and the internet. For students who do not have access to either a computer or the internet please contact a course and careers adviser to discuss alternative methods of communication.
Minimum specifications for PC are:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or equivalent,
- Microsoft Windows XP and
- DVD/CD-ROM drive.
Students will also need access to a printer and the following applications:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader and
- Macromedia Flash player.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language and you did not complete the last two years of secondary education in English, you are required to provide evidence of English language competency before enrolling into the course. Examples of appropriate evidence are listed below:
IELTS Overall score of 5.5 TOEFL 530 (paper), 197 (computer) or 71 (internet) 12 months in English-speaking employment Testimonial, statutory declaration
Successful completion of this program leads to partial completion of the following. Please contact us for more information:
- Certificate IV in Financial Services (Bookkeeping) FNS40207
- Certificate IV in Financial Services (Accounting) FNS40604
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management BSB40807
- Certificate IV in Small Business Management BSB40407
- Certificate IV in Frontline Management BSB40807 and Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41007
- Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41007 and Certificate IV in Small Business Management BSB40407.
Leonie Doyle gained her Bachelor of Arts in 1990 from Monash University in Melbourne. She has since added two graduate qualifications in Business Systems and Human Resources for which she studied employment and industrial law, and has completed the required OHS Consultation, Return to Work Co-ordination and Training & Assessment qualifications.
In addition, Leonie has worked in human resources and learning and development for more than 12 years within the telecommunications, information technology and pharmaceuticals industries.
In 2007, Leonie set up her own company, Virtual Human Resources, which provides HR services for organisations too small to have an in-house HR manager. Many functions are carried out remotely, enabling Leonie and her staff to provide a highly professional service to numerous businesses simultaneously.
Leonie is a Certified Member of the Australian Human Resource Institute (CAHRI).
Masoud Tymouri, our business, human resources, management and occupational health and safety trainer, is highly experienced in training and assessing both local and international students.
The expertise that Masoud has developed during 18-plus years of practical experience is supported by a lengthy list of qualifications. He has successfully completed a Master's of Leadership & Management in Education, Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Studies, Bachelor's of Business, Advanced Diploma of Management, Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources), Diploma of Occupational Health & Safety and Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment.
Masoud brings all his knowledge and experience to his training role at Open Colleges, and provides every support to his students throughout their learning experience.
|Pay by installment||Pay in full|
Enrol Online via EduPay - the Trusted and Secure enrolment gateway preferred by thousands of students.
Fortnightly and monthly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call a Course and Careers Advisor on 1300 853 033 for more details. Prices shown are for the online study option only. A surcharge applies for the print study option (if applicable to this course).
|Pay Just $69.58 per week with a $100.00 deposit||Pay in full $2924.00 and Save $516.00|