The Open Colleges Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41007 course is a nationally recognised qualification from the BSB07 Business Services Package. It is a broad-based course that will equip you with up-to-date skills and prepare you for numerous support positions in human resources management. You will learn to select, recruit and induct staff into an organisation, support performance management practices, and implement industrial relations procedures.
Upon successful completion of the Certificate IV in Human Resources BSB41007 , you may be eligible for credit towards further studies.
Potential career outcomes:
- Human resources support staff
- Human resources assistant
- Course number
- Course duration
- 24 months
- Certificate IV
- Delivery mode
- Nationally recognised
- Case Studies, Portfolio of Evidence, Projects, Short-Answer Questions, Written Reports
- National Code
- Awarded By
- Open Colleges
- Associated With
Study Period 1: Review HR functions and recruit, select and induct staff
BSBHRM401A Review Human Resources Functions
- Research human resources functions /li>
- Review policy and procedures frameworks
- Apply ethical framework
- Report on research outcomes
BSBHRM402A Recruit, Select And Induct Staf
- Determine job descriptions
- Plan for selection
- Assess and select applicants
- Appoint and induct successful candidate
- BSBHRM401A Review Human Resources Functions
Study Period 2: Support performance management and industrial relations processes
BSBHRM403A Support Performance Management Processes
- Review performance management infrastructure
- Promote performance management system
- Collate performance management data
BSBWRK410A Implement Industrial Relations Procedures
- . Communicate and implement organisation's industrial relations policies and procedures
- Assist in minimising industrial relations conflict
- Enhance industrial relations
- BSBHRM403A Support Performance Management Processes
Study Period 3: Workplace safety and risk management
BSBOHS407A Monitor A Safe Workplace
- Provide information to the workgroup about OHS policies and procedures
- Implement and monitor participative arrangements for the management of OHS
- Implement and monitor the organisation's procedures for providing OHS training
- Implement and monitor procedures for identifying hazards and assessing risks
- Implement and monitor the organisation's procedures for controlling risks
- Implement and monitor the organisation's procedures for maintaining OHS records for the team
BSBRSK401A Identify Risk And Apply Risk Management Processes
- Identify risks
- Analyse and evaluate risks
- Treat risks
- Monitor and review effectiveness of risk treatment/s
- BSBOHS407A Monitor A Safe Workplace
Study period 4: Organise meetings and address customer needs
BSBCUS402A Address Customer Needs
- Assist customer to articulate needs
- Satisfy complex customer needs
- Manage networks to ensure customer needs are addressed
BSBADM405B Organise Meetings
- Make meeting arrangements
- Prepare documentation for meetings
- Record and produce minutes of meeting
- BSBCUS402A Address Customer Needs
Study Period 5: Design, develop and write business documents
BSBITU401A Design And Develop Complex Text Documents
- Prepare to produce word processed documents
- Design complex documents
- Add complex tables and other data
- Produce documents
BSBWRT401A Write Complex Documents
- Plan documents
- Draft text
- Prepare final text
- Produce document
- BSBITU401A Design And Develop Complex Text Documents
- Study Period 1: Review HR functions and recruit, select and induct staff
- Year 10 and a minimum of one year of vocational experience, OR
- a nationally recognised qualification at the Certificate II level or higher, OR
- at least two years of relevant vocational experience.
Minimum age of 16 years. If you are under 18 your application must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Learners will need access to a computer and the internet and have basic computing skills. Minimum computer specifications are:
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband Internet Connection
- 2GB of Ram
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
Specific requirements for Windows users:
- Microsoft Windows XP or higher (Windows 7 or higher is recommended)
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor (2GHz or faster recommended)
- Adobe Flash Player 10 or Higher.
Specific requirements for Mac OS users:
- Mac OS X v 10.5 or higher (Mac OS X v 10.6 or higher is recommended)
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster Intel processor (2GHz or faster recommended)
You will need access to software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc. are available as free downloads from the internet.
Learners will also need access to a printer and scanner
English language requirements
This course requires you to read comprehensive learner workbooks, undertake a range of written assessments and engage in online discussion forums. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication.
As such, entry to the course requires English proficiency to Year 10 level or, certificate II level or higher, or two years industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication. Examples of appropriate evidence are listed below:
IELTS Overall score of 5.5 TOEFL 530 (paper), 197 (computer) or 71 (internet) 12 months in English-speaking employment Testimonial, statutory declaration
On completion of this course, learners can undertake further qualifications such as BSB50613 Diploma of Human Resources Management or a range of other Diploma qualifications.
Lynda BrozicLynda Brozic has been tutoring our Legal Secretary and Medical Receptionist courses for over 10 years. She has also taught Business Services course at a TAFE level for more than a decade.
Her qualifications include a Certificate IV in Assessment & Workplace Training, an Advanced Diploma in Human Resource Management and an Advanced Certificate in Personnel Management.
Masoud Tymouri, our business, human resources, management and occupational health and safety trainer, is highly experienced in training and assessing both local and international students.
The expertise that Masoud has developed during 18-plus years of practical experience is supported by a lengthy list of qualifications. He has successfully completed a Master's of Leadership & Management in Education, Postgraduate Certificate in Educational Studies, Bachelor's of Business, Advanced Diploma of Management, Advanced Diploma of Management (Human Resources), Diploma of Occupational Health & Safety and Certificate IV in Workplace Training & Assessment.
Masoud brings all his knowledge and experience to his training role at Open Colleges, and provides every support to his students throughout their learning experience.
|Pay by installment||Pay in full|
|Pay Just $69.58 per week with a $100.00 deposit||Pay in full $2752.00 and Save $688.00|
Enrol Online via EduPay - the Trusted and Secure enrolment gateway preferred by thousands of students.
Fortnightly and monthly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call a Course and Careers Advisor on 1300 853 033 for more details. Prices shown are for the online study option only. A surcharge applies for the print study option (if applicable to this course).