If you are looking to break into the dynamic world of digital marketing, this course is for you. We partnered with the best experts in the industry to design a course that teaches you how to get started in the fast paced world of online marketing.
- Digital marketing channels: paid and organic
- search (SEM & SEO), display, email & mobile
- Social media marketing
- Foundations of User Experience (UX)
- Customer segmentation
- Consumer behaviour
- Data analytics
After this course you’ll be able to develop a fully integrated digital marketing plan, which will demonstrate your expertise to potential employers.
Australian Marketing Institute
This course also includes a free 12 month student membership to the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI), the industry peak body for marketing professionals in Australia. Your AMI membership will begin once you successfully complete an assessment within the first month of the course.
Potential career outcomes
- Digital Marketing Assistant
- Digital Marketing Coordinator
- Marketing and Communications Coordinator
|Qualification name||BSB42415 Certificate IV in Marketing and Communication|
|Course duration||24 months|
|Assessments||Case studies, Demonstrations, Knowledge tests, Presentations|
You will need to have completed Year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate III level or higher, OR
- Two years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 18 years old.
This course requires you to read learner workbooks, undertake a range of written assessments and engage in online discussions. Furthermore, the delivery mode relies on the extensive use of written communication. As such, entry to the course requires the successful completion of English to Year 12 level.
If you have not successfully completed English at Year 12 level, you can demonstrate equivalency with one of the following:
- Successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; OR
- 2 years’ relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
Open Colleges recognises that not all people are able to read, write and perform calculations to the same standard. To help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills required to study this course, you can undertake the online Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool available on the Open Colleges website. This assessment tool can also help you determine your learning level and plan your future studies.
- Microsoft Office 2010 or equivalent
- Broadband internet connection
- 2GB of RAM
- CD-ROM or DVD drive
- Adobe Reader XI or equivalent
- Printer and associated software > Adobe Flash Player 10 or higher
Specific requirements for Windows users:
- Microsoft Windows 7 or higher (Windows 8 recommended)
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster processor (2GHz or faster recommended)
Specific requirements for Mac OS users:
- Mac OS X v 10.5 or higher (Mac OS X v 10.6 or higher is recommended)
- 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster Intel processor (2GHz or faster recommended)
You will need access to:
- A digital video recording device and/or a digital camera and associated software to save and upload video and image files to OpenSpace. Many mobile phones and smartphones include this technology.
- A software to view online videos and images. Software such as Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player, Windows Photo Viewer etc are available as a download from the internet.
Some assessments require submission of a video recording which requires a minimum of two people in the audience for simulated interaction activities.
To successfully complete this course, you will require basic computing skills. This includes:
- Creating, saving and editing Microsoft Office documents
- Accessing and searching the internet
- Downloading and saving documents from websites
- Uploading documents through websites
- Participating in online discussions
- Connecting digital cameras and downloading and storing images and audio files
- Connecting digital video devices and downloading and storing videos
- Compressing image files.
Language, Literacy and Numeracy
Our free online assessment tool can help give you an idea of the language, literacy and numeracy skills needed to study a VET course. This tool can also help you determine your learning level and help you plan your future studies. You can access the Language, Literacy and Numeracy tool here.
Module 1: Introduction to digital marketing
You'll get an introduction to the digital marketing sector and learn about the new technologies and future trends affecting the industry
|BSBMKG418||Develop and apply knowledge of marketing communication industry|
- Develop knowledge of the marketing communications industry
- Identify industry employment obligations and opportunities
- Identify future trends within the marketing communications industry
- Update industry knowledge
Module 2: Digital disruption
The marketing environment is rapidly changing - this module will teach you about innovation and managing change
|BSBMKG417||Apply marketing communication across a convergent industry|
- Identify the convergent environment
- Prepare cross sector marketing tools and techniques
- Apply convergent marketing communications
Module 3: Digital relationship management
Practice your 'pitch' and develop presentation skills for dealing with clients or other stakeholders in the marketing industry
|BSBMGT407||Apply digital solutions to work processes|
- Utilise digital workplace information
- Lead work processes in a digital environment
- Recognise and apply intellectual property requirements
|BSBCRT401||Articulate, present and debate ideas|
- Analyse ideas for communication to others
- Provoke response and reaction
- Debate and discuss ideas
|BSBCMM401||Make a presentation|
- Prepare a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Review the presentation
Module 4: Marketplace analysis and customer segmentation
We'll show you how to research the marketplace, analyse the results and develop segmentation strategies based on customer needs
|BSBMKG408||Conduct market research|
- Conduct desk research to gather background market information
- Develop research methodology and objectives
- Recruit respondents
- Gather data and information from respondents
- Analyse research information
- Prepare research report
|BSBMKG401||Profile the market|
- Segment the market
- Identify the target market
- Profile the target audience
- Develop a positioning strategy
Module 5: Customer behaviour insight development
Understanding how to identify your customers and the buyer decision process is critical. You'll also learn how to develop insights based on market research
|BSBMKG419||Analyse consumer behaviour|
- Confirm product or service market
- Assess reasons for existing levels of consumer interest
- Recommend focus of appeal for marketing strategies for product or service
Module 6: Data analytics
Learn about the growing field of marketing analytics and how to use data to optimise your marketing tactics
|BSBMKG411||Analyse direct marketing databases|
- Collect data
- Enhance, cleanse and update data
- Analyse and use data for direct marketing purposes
Module 7: Digital marketing channels
SEM, SEO, social media, email, display, mobile. This module covers the digital marketing channels you need to reach your audience
|BSBADV408||Review advertising media options|
- Research advertising media options
- Review policy and procedures frameworks
- Report research outcomes
Module 8: User experience (UX) foundations
Create meaningful digital experiences for your users and understand the UX metrics that matter
|BSBMKG420||Create digital media user experiences|
- Specify intent
- Classify users and conversation types
- Profile user journeys and interventions
- Design engagement opportunities and events
- Converse, monitor and respond to users
- Review and evaluate user experiences
Module 9: The digital marketing plan
Bring it all together by developing and implementing your own comprehensive digital marketing plan
|BSBRES401||Analyse and present research information|
- Gather and organise information
- Research and analyse information
- Present information
What are my payment options?
Pay in full
If you pay your course fees up-front in full, you’ll benefit from a discount. When you pay in full, we don’t have to spend extra money on administration for tasks such as payment plan processing. Instead, we get to pass this saving onto you in the form of a discount.
Pay for you course in weekly or fortnightly instalments. By paying in instalments, you can schedule your payments around your regular outgoings and get ahead without breaking the bank. Open Colleges payment plans are interest-free.
ZipMoney Payment Plan
If you need a little more flexibility in your finances, and want to pay off your course fees over a longer period of time, you can switch to a zipMoney payment plan. Essentially, zipMoney pays your course fees for you, and you pay this loan back over 24, 36 or 48 months. As long as you are eligible, you can switch to a zipMoney plan at any time.
Loretta MorganLoretta’s had a career spanning some 20 + years in Property & Marketing and in the last 5 years specialising in Digital Marketing and Social Media. Loretta has owned and operated several businesses over almost 2 decades and understands what is required to start, market, grow, manage and exit small to medium sized businesses. Currently a director and owner of 2 corporations she also consults to and trains others in the industry on technique and performance.
This course is endorsed by:
The Australian Marketing Institute (AMI) is the leading professional membership body for marketing professionals around Australia. Its purpose is to advance the marketing profession in Australia and contribute to progress of their members' professional careers. Our marketing Trainers and Assessors are members of AMI and Open Colleges marketing students receive a 12 month AMI student membership included in their course.
All students enrolled in this course receive a 12 month student membership to the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI). The AMI is the leading professional membership body for marketing professionals in Australia. Our marketing Trainers and Assessors are also members of the AMI.
Let’s get started
Pay for your course securely online in 3 simple steps
Fill in your personal details
Select your payment option
Add your billing address
Weekly and fortnightly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call an Education Advisor on 1300 161 345 for more details.
* To be eligible, students wishing to apply for the payment plan must meet selected approval criteria.