The Advanced Diploma of Accounting FNS60210 represents more than a nationally recognised qualification - it's a serious investment in your career.
This course provides more specialised skills for those already working in the industry, and who want to up-skill their qualifications to potentially gain a better salary or more varied job options, potentially in a Senior Accountants role.
This Diploma is nationally accredited by the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) and comes under the Financial Services Training Package FNS10.
You also receive professional accreditation with the Association of Accounting Technicians Australia, plus 12 months membership with the Tax Institute. Also, upon completion you will have successfully finished some of the requirements to become a registered tax agent, as well as gaining credit towards a relevant Bachelor Degree at the Australian Catholic University, should you choose to continue your studies.
Potential career outcomes
- Senior accountant
- Accounts team manager
- Other senior financial roles
- Course number
- Course duration
- Max 24 months
- Course fees from
- $85.83 per week
- Advanced Diploma
- Delivery mode
- Nationally recognised
Knowledge tests, case studies, financial reports and accounting projects
- National Code
- Awarded By
- Open Colleges
- Associated With
FNSACC604A: Monitor corporate governance activities
- Establish corporate governance standards and practices
- Identify corporate governance reporting trends
- Determine processes for corporate governance adherence
- Review corporate governance compliance
FNSINC601A: Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- Identify economic principles and theories related to financial services functions and tasks
- Evaluate economic aspects that apply todecision making
- Review own work
- Maintain a personal understanding of economic policies
FNSINC602A: Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- Apply statistical methods to work
- Source and interpret statistical data
- Analyse data using appropriate techniques and tools
- Record statistical data analysis results and records
FNSACC605A: Implement organisational improvement programs
- Review programs
- Contribute to strategic development
- Develop options for improvement
- Establish systems to support change
FNSACC606A: Conduct internal audit
- Evaluate information systems
- Develop implementation plans
- Review resource use
- Monitor plans
FNSACC601A: Prepare complex tax returns
- Identify taxation requirements for complex lodgements and returns
- Gather and analyse taxation-related data
- Process data and prepare tax returns and lodgements
- Review taxation lodgement compliance
FNSACC603A: Implement tax plans and evaluate tax compliance
- Assess tax liabilities
- Optimise tax positions
- Establish processes and plans
- Evaluate tax policies
- Review tax compliance
FNSACC614A: Prepare complex corporate financial reports
- Compile data
- Identify appropriate reporting entities
- Prepare reports
- Analyse reports
- FNSACC604A: Monitor corporate governance activities
The entry requirement for this qualification is completion of the Diploma in Accounting in the Financial Services Training Package FNS10.
Completion of the Diploma in Accounting in the Financial Services Training Package FNS04. The entry requirement can be met by evidence of equivalent competency to the above units through recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Minimum age of 16 years. If you are under 18 your application must be signed by a parent or guardian.
Students will need access to a computer and the internet. For students who do not have access to either a computer or the internet please contact a student support officer to discuss alternative methods of communication.
Minimum specifications for PC are:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or equivalent,
- Microsoft Windows XP and
- DVD/CD-ROM drive.
Students will also need access to a printer and the following applications:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader and
- Macromedia Flash player.
English language requirements
If English is not your first language and you did not complete the last two years of secondary education in English, you are required to provide evidence of English language competency before enrolling into the course. Examples of appropriate evidence are listed below:
IELTS Overall score of 5.5 TOEFL 530 (paper), 197 (computer) or 71 (internet) 12 months in English-speaking employment Testimonial, statutory declaration
Students who successfully complete this Advanced Diploma of Accounting FNS60210 will be eligible for credit towards a relevant bachelor degree at the Australian Catholic University (12 units).
A Certified Practising Accountant and with extensive practical experience as an accountant and trainer, Stephen Blacktop brings a wealth of knowledge to his role as trainer.
During his years in accounting, Stephen held senior positions for a number of small businesses as well as publicly-listed companies and multi-national corporations across various industries.
Stephen has numerous qualifications, including a Bachelor of Commerce, and is a member of CPA Australia. Since 1998, he has managed his own consulting company, offering MYOB accounting and training services to small business, as well as key performance analysis. He has also developed a range of accounting courses and has conducted classroom training for adult learners and small business owners.
A dedicated trainer, Stephen provides a supportive learning environment for his students and is committed to guiding them successfully through their studies.
- The Tax Institute, 12 month student membership (more information)
Association of Accounting Technicians Australia (AAT Australia), 12-month membership including numerous benefits:
- News Update, monthly email publication
- Services and work aids at discounted cost
- Bookkeeping publications
- Professional indemnity insurance
- and other useful, cost-effective benefits
Institute of Public Accountants (IPA) student membership, including
- Directions, monthly student e-newsletter
- Career workshops and employment advice
- Networking opportunities including IPA social and professional education activities
|Pay by installment||Pay in full|
Enrol Online via EduPay - the Trusted and Secure enrolment gateway preferred by thousands of students.
Fortnightly and monthly payment plans are also available when you pay online.
Click Enrol Now and choose a payment plan or call a Course and Careers Advisor on 1300 853 033 for more details. Prices shown are for the online study option only. A surcharge applies for the print study option (if applicable to this course).
|Pay Just $85.83 per week with a $100.00 deposit||Pay in full $4462.50 and Save $787.50|