Farming, studying and building a bright future: Robyn’s story

by Amanda Collins

Robyn Hundy is living her dream; living on the land, farming with her family. So when an opportunity to further help the farm business presented itself, Robyn jumped right into study and is now part way through her Certificate IV in Bookkeeping with Open Colleges and loving it!

What made you want to study bookkeeping?

I am a farmer and I run a family farm with my husband. I was given the opportunity to study any course I wanted that would help our business, and that may help me earn some money off the land, so I chose to learn bookkeeping.

What is your favourite part of the course so far?

The way that the course is so useful and beneficial for our farm. It’s great to learn how to set journals out so our accountant can do the BAS and income tax, without them being all over the place. We save money because the accountant isn’t charging us to do the bookkeeping as well as the BAS and tax returns.

How have you found the Open Colleges experience?

It’s been a great opportunity. The staff have really helped me. I have enjoyed going back to learning and knowing that I can ask for help.

Want to save money on bookkeeping?

Why not learn how to keep your own books? It’s a useful skill for life! To learn more, check out Open Colleges Certificate IV in Bookkeeping here.

2 Responses

1. Elaine says:

Thanks for sharing! I have learned a lot from your post. I will try my best to improve myself and embrace the future.

2. Thuy says:

i realy want to improve my life, because for me study…. study more…… study for ever…….