Making travel plans: Sameera studies for a career in tourism

by Yvette Maurice

Sameera Malik and her husband Mukhtar live in Bathurst just west of the Blue Mountains in NSW, and they love the country life.

Since moving to Bathurst, New South Wales, 10 years ago from Dubai, they have been raising a family and establishing their restaurant business.
Sameera, who loves travel, decided that she wanted to try and build a career in this field and set about gaining the necessary qualifications.
She recently completed a SIT31312 Certificate III in Travel with Open Colleges and she is keen to continue her studies.

“I chose my course because I realised that outside the large capital cities jobs can be scarce, so I am maximising the qualifications that will help me get a job in the industry”, says Sameera. “And distance learning provides the flexibility that suits my family circumstances.”
As for her travel experience so far, Sameera has been to India, around the Middle East, Malaysia and Singapore, with New Zealand the next destination on her list.

Open Colleges wishes Sameera the best of good fortune in her travels and her chosen career path!